V for Vendetta

Discussion in 'General' started by mistertr1ck, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Sick movie son.. Just watched it. A little boring in parts, but awesome. 9 out of 10.

cant wait to watch it high!

what u guys think?

2. an AMAZING movie with a very strong message, more than relevant to our times.

There was nothing about that movie i disliked.

Natalie Portman is a hottie, Hugo Weaving is the man, and i liked the shakespearian-eqsue speech.

3. Awesome movie. Huge Weaving is great, for one. It's a good movie to watch high too.

4. yea i saw it the other night, i thought the movie was badass. not too action packed, not too slow

5. I really, really enjoyed it.

6. ditto to what rasta said, i saw that movie 2 times, blazed as hell in an imax, and i got chills everytime i saw that scene of like 50,000 people storm the streets in masks and just walk thru the military blockade.... that part was unbelievably badass.

7. READ THE GRAPHIC NOVEL a million times better then the movie, allthough the movie was still good.

8. Same goes for Sin City.

9. i think it comes out today at blockbuster right? im prob gonna stop by when i get munchies in a bit ...i missed it while it was in theatres

10. i just got it today and i just finished watching it i was about to make a thread exactly like this but i saw this one and decided to reply

11. Just watched it last night.

Writers just living in a fantasy world is all, and I find it sick that this film is being hailed as a masterpiece when it advocates blatant domestic terrorism. A revolution is fine (never said a violent revolution), but blatant domestic terrorism? It's disgusting. This part actually made me sick during the movie.

However, I try to find good in most things I watch, and the good remarks I have to say:

a) Very artistic, and as Rasta Man said, loved the Shakespherean-esque speech. It was very well done as an art movie

b) It was fun to see how everything paralleled. Granted it was so blatant, that it was elementry and even a junior high student should understand, and thus it didn't require much thinking at all, but it was interesting to see how they related every aspect of modern times to the movie.

c) Natalie Portman always has my attention

It was just too much of a hyperbole for me to thoroughly enjoy it...

12. yea... i got bored watching it halfway thoruhg... it was done really well but was just to plain in communicating its message for it to really hold my attention.

13. By definition it wasnt terrorism.

He wasn't trying to strike fear into the heart of the government, but rather abstractly inspire the people against tyranny.

It's a small semantic aspect, but important, none-the-less.

Besides, our own government openly sponsors domestic terrorism (I.E. Libya, Iran, Panama, Nicaragua, etc.) and to be fair it's JUST a movie, no matter what the underlying messages.

14. Great movie 9 out of 10

15. i saw it the first time on an ambiem and it was sick, saw it high the second time and it made perfect sense. awesome

16. damn, i didnt understand that movie at all. partly because i never saw previews or i might have come in late or something. i was really high too, every time the guy in the mask starting talking he would just go off talking for what seemed like ever and i would lose track completely.

17. I really like that movie, I think it was really well done; wasn't too simplistic (though it was a bit but it's hollywood) and it had a very relevant message to today's world. And to whoever was saying that they got sick of the fact it advocated domestic terrorism...you really don't think he was justified in a society where there is no free speech, people are constantly in fear of their government, the government kills its own people to incite fear....unfortunately America is on the same slippery slope.:mad:

18. i dunno how many times ive watched it , its a real tight movie..love it

19. No response needed on this one, point proven (well in my head, but i won't write it out since I'll get reamed on this board for it)