UV Germicidal Lights

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Fasttap, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Ok I'm using all organic and have Ladybugs for any pest problems. My question is if I use a 15w UV Germicidal light for any powdery mildew and or mold will the short exposure to the light ( just seconds) do harm my ladybugs? Very close to harvest [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. You'll find out if they all have white canes after :). So are you planning on shining the light in every square inch of your plant? The effective killing range is inches, beyond that they are ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Can't afford 300 tiny pair of sun glasses , let alone the sunscreen. Any reply is appreciated and considered. Thanks for the input

• Like Like x 1
  4. Really the way to use the light would be to put it inside a duct and pass the air over it to sterilize the air, this is done with the thought that eventually all of the air will be sterilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. You don't look anywhere near close to harvest.

J

• Like Like x 3
  6. Why start a thread and then ignore people's responses to your questions?

I never quite understood this.

J

7. Two weeks , turn out to be a 5oz Plant. I don't use any spray after this point. Just another one of my quirks I guess.

8. Yes 3" to 4" away for two to five seconds. Need to be able get all around each plant. Not for sea of green method. If used daily it's effective I believe

9. I'm truly sorry, I'm 65 and not as sharp as I might of once been. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  10. No worries at all buddy. I just see threads sometimes
    That some folks start and then never come back to.

Peace!

J

• Like Like x 1