Using sound to increase yields like crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Freshfed, Jul 8, 2011.

1. #1 Freshfed, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    ok so I am really excited as I am writing so forgive me if I ramble. In my search for info on plant growth effects on root zone electrical application (see my other threads for that info) I have come across academic research showing the increased YIELD and GROWTH capabilities of sound... any who, here is what I have found so far, needed to share this!!! haha!

The growth of plants can be stimulated by sound alone. The effect continues up to 50 KHz. Frequencies of 4-5 KHz are particularly effective for increasing germination, enzyme activity, and respiration.

Normally, the streaming movement of protoplasm in plant cells slows down in the early morning and evening, but this streaming can be accelerated by an audio frequency generator used for 30 minutes at a distance of about 5 feet from the plants. As a result, the amount and rate of growth increases. Plants should not be treated thus for more than 3 hours daily, or the plants are likely to die within a month or two, depending on the quality of the sound and its intensity. Very loud, high frequency sound causes cellular disruption and death. Some rock'n roll music also does so.

A revolutionary process called "Sonic Bloom", invented by Dan Carlson, uses a 3 KHz tone (modulated to produce birdlike chirps and whistles) and a foliar spray (55 trace minerals, seaweed, gibberillin and amino acids) to produce "indeterminate growth in plants". His first success was with a Purple Passion house plant that normally grows only about 18 inches. Under the influence of Sonic Bloom, the plant eventually grew over 1,200 feet, and earned itself a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Growers using Sonic Bloom report dramatic increases in yield, better tasting vegetables and fruits, and more brilliant flowers. Cultivators can expect increased production and early maturity. Alfalfa sprouts will increase in weight by 1,200% within 3 days. The sprouts will have a much longer shelf life (2-3 weeks) than usual (3-4 days). Experiments with Sonic Bloom in Africa produced plants which survived extremely hot weather and flooding. Sonic Bloom also will produce fruit on first year trees. Apple farmers have reported triple-sized yields, 8-month shelf life, and a huge increase in nutrient values: 126% more potassium, 326% more chromium, 400% more iron, and 1,750% more zinc. Losses to diseases and pests have been reduced more than 80%.

The possibilities are unlimited. For example, Carlson says:

"One of our greatest breakthroughs to make everyone understand how easy it is to feed large amounts of people, involved a sucker on a tomato. A sucker is normally a sterile branch which appears in between a side shoot and the main branch. Our tomato plants grow 2 inches a day so if we allow a sucker to grow for seven days, it's about 14 inches long. If we then cut it off, put it in the shade and spray it once a day with a 1/4 ounce per gallon solution of Sonic Bloom, in 10-14 days it becomes fully rooted and starts to grow 2 inches per day. Fifty-five days later, it is 7-9 feet tall. Now, normal production on tomatoes is 90 days. We're doing this in less than 55, plus we're producing at least twice as much fruit in almost half the time.

Water is added to the concentrated Sonic Bloom formula. The c.d (containing a 3 KHz signal and nature sounds) is played at high volume with high treble and medium bass for 10 minutes before spraying the plants. The plants are then sprayed while playing, and the sound is continued for another 20 minutes after spraying. Both sides of the leaves should be saturated. Treatment is best performed early in the morning (before 9 am), preferably in foggy weather. On cold mornings, spraying should be delayed until late afternoon. Do not spray plants when the temperature falls below 50o F. The formula also can be administered in the regular weather supply, by drip-feeding, hydroponics, etc.. The nutrient solution should be applied once a month for the first month, then twice weekly thereafter. Seeds should be soaked in dilute nutrient solution for 8 hours or overnight while the sound tape is played continuously on a cassette deck with auto-reverse capability. Plant the seeds immediately. The tape ought to be played daily for at least 30 minutes during daylight hours.

here's the link to the site I found to buy it...
    Sonic Bloom - Organic Nutrients for your plants, garden or farm

[​IMG]
    1st potato is without sonic boom, the rest are with it!

Thoughts?:hello::smoke:

2. My only thought?

Why haven't you grown some MJ with it yet?!

3. #3 Freshfed, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Cause I just found it today lol

4. edit: nvm I read that wrong, cool let us know how it turns out.

5. Funny lol

6. #6 Freshfed, Jul 8, 2011
    Lol gotcha ;)

7. Awesome. I'm fascinated.

8. 1,200 feet?!?

9. Cool post

10. #10 Freshfed, Jul 9, 2011
    I know right! Look it up it's insane lol

11. i am def going to try this....when i build my new cabinet...lol

12. Very interesting!

13. #13 Freshfed, Jul 10, 2011
    Totally update her here if you do! I'm def considering it, going to research it a bit to see how loud it would be.

14. im soo amazed by this. i am definitely going to try it.

15. i wonder if growth and yields could increase if using this method along with elecro-stimulation.

those solar lights that go in your yard cost as little as $3 each. why not take a couple apart for your plants and do that too?

would it be better?

16. Subscribed, can't wait to see how this turns out!
    Many Thanks to OP

17. In an infinite amount of elephant supressed knowledge I remember doing research on this subject in college and it has shown mixed results.Generally leaning towards good or improved to most plants.The only thing I had a problem with was trying to get away with playing Black Sabbath to a full size grow at screaching decibles and still maintain stealth ,Ha ha just kidding exellent post!

18. Signed up just so I could say a few things on this.
    I'm glad someone has actually shown interest in Sonic Bloom. Been using it outside for about 4 years on vegetables, flowers, and trees outside, and have been really impressed. I've done tests using the spray only, the sound only, and a mixture of the two. The claims that are on the website actually happen, if you follow the instructions correctly, and play the sound to the plant every day.
    My curiosity makes me wonder how these newer foliar sprays would work with the Sonic Bloom sound, along with products like DMs Penetrator. An experiment I haven't gotten to yet.
    And I'm curious how it'd work on MJ, even in a hydro set up, with maximum light, and added co2. Since the sound opens up the stomata to bring in more co2, and the nutrient spray, I could see an indoor set up having that as a limiting factor.
    If you do it, I'd like to know how it turns out. I can tell you it works beautifully on fruiting plants grown outside, but that's about it.