Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using separatory funnel for cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mhughes, May 19, 2010.

1. Has anybody tried this? (Un?)fortunately im all done with orgo lab and I dont have a separatory funnel on hand, but I was thinking it may be useful when making cannabutter.
    You could use the oil and water method of cooking the oil then instead of putting it in the fridge to harden, you allow them to separate as liquids in the funnel.

I might go diy and just poke a hole in a plastic bottle and let the layers separate then drain the water from the hole.

I would imagine a higher recovery from this method as you dont have the efficiency probs of changing phases to worry about, incomplete hardening, not scrapin all of it once its hard. Plus you can put the oil in the brownie mix nearly as soon as its cooked instead of waiting for it to harden