Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using plastic as a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thomasman, Mar 11, 2009.

1. #1 thomasman, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    hhmmm, well i'll be making a home made bong and i was wondering;

Would using plastic for the actual bong be harmful?
    I know & have read posts about how it's bad to smoke out of plastic especially if it's being heated up.

But like.

How i am devising this schematic for the bong, i actually won't be using a plastic pen or anything for the stem and stuff. I'll actually be using a glass stem [or downstem or w.e it is] from a bong that i have that isn't diffused and will be attaching it to the actual plastic peice.
    I'm not sure how i'll attach it, [don't know if i should use like a rubber stop or use some sort of glue to keep it in.]

But basically, the plastics on the bong will not be anywhere near close to be being heated up, i'll have the glass stem and have a slide and stuff in the place of a plastic pen & bolt. but yeah you guys know how a bong works. Will it still be harmful & such?

2. sounds like you should be fine bro, the water will cool down the smoke plently.
    like you said, its not like your using a pen for the stem, thats a good way to inhale some toxic fumes.

3. yeah it will be fine i did the same thing as you and im still alive :smoke:

Attached Files:

4. The only time it would be harmful is if your burning the plastic( Using it as a bowl) but since your using a glass slider you don't have to worry about a thing.

5. plastic bowl? thats horrible....... get a glass drill its worth the money

6. Yup, you'll be fine. I also suggest finding a way to make an ice catcher haha me and my friends will stick straws in the middle of our bottles to hold the ice there.

Also, another great tip. If you ARE just using a water bottle (sounds like you have something more permanent in mind, which as a creative type I find awesome :D) you can use a cig to make the PERFECT sized hole. Whether it be for straws, pens, some glass stems depending on the size, and so forth. And it'll be air-tight if you have the right size :smoke: