Using party cups as pots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trikky, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Ok, I see plenty of people using party cups as pots for the first part of their grow, and I was wondering if anyone ever measured exactly how much water they gave them when they watered. I read 2 oz. per plant somewhere on the forums, however that seems like too little. I know it is all relative to how much your plants drink, but my last grow was disaterous because I was a little over-zealous with the water.

Thx for the help.

2. If the soil has good drainage then you can get away with watering 1 time a day(a good wartering) i have three in them right now and thats how i see it...

No need to figure out how much water because every plant differs....

3. Someone had a post for how much to water somewhere in the forum. He said that once the soil is DRY, so as not to overwater, he has found that watering a volume a little less than 1/4 of the container volume completely soaks the soil top to bottom. So if you had a pot that had a volume of 1 liter you would water a little less than 250ml. The part cups I have are 16 oz, so you would water a little less than 4 oz I guess. The link to the post is: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/128797-watering-your-plants.html?highlight=watering

hope this helps, good luck

4. Thanks. That actually helps a lot. I don't have a particularly green thumb yet, so relying on actual numbers is easier at the moment than felling it out.