Using ONA Block.

Discussion in 'Security' started by Geko4545, Sep 10, 2013.

1. I'm very confused about the ONA products can any one help please? For the most part I keep hearing that ONA Block is great for small grows like one or two plants flowering at a time and that most people put them in the box and outside and dont smell any thing. Though it obviously doesnt replace a carbon filter. I was planning on getting this as a back up incase I lose power during flowering so I dont have to worry about smell. Can any of you guys shed light on my situation please. I really dont want to buy an ozone generator because there unhealthy for you and pets.

2. Yeah ONA's are good but like you said, they don't replace a carbon filter. I was using them on my last grow which was mainly autos and although they didn't completely cover the smell in the room for a long time, if you have some in the room and one outside then I doubt you'll smell them unless it's a particularly strong smelling strain or a big grow. If you do get a tub or two, what I suggest you do is get some plastic cups and put a small amount (about 2 heaped table spoons) in each one then cover with some paper and secure with elastic bands then poke some holes in the top. This will stop it from drying out so quickly and will allow you to put it in multiple places which will help with the smell. Also I would suggest getting the fresh linen one as the polar crystal one will leave the room smelling like freshly cleaned urinals. Overall I'd say they would be a good back up to have just in case your carbon filter does go down, you could even have a small cup outside the grow room to capture any stray odors your carbon filter might not catch.

Happy growing

3. Thanks dude for your info that helps out a lot. The max flower I was going to do is 2 plants at a time. I live in a studio apartment so I dont want the smells getting out of my front door or windows if I can help it. You know what I mean. I'm growing in a 4x4x7 grow box.