Using music for your grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Spitfyre99, Aug 7, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone has incorporated music into their grows? I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced any results using this because we've all heard about music having a good effect on plant growth and development.

Maybe this would be a good idea for someone to experiment with? If someone has already done this, please post pictures and maybe even a log of your findings for us :) Thanks!

2. I played nothing but NSYNC's greatest hits during my last grow and my plant went from looking like this

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

It works, bro.

Baby bye bye bye!

3. Dude! That is INTENSE! Ok, I'm seriously going to build a sound system into my first Micro system!

Does anyone else have any pictures or information from the first stages of growth?

4. interesting how hxc would influence their growth.

5. What is HXC?

6. [quote name='"Spitfyre99"']Dude! That is INTENSE! Ok, I'm seriously going to build a sound system into my first Micro system!

Does anyone else have any pictures or information from the first stages of growth?[/quote]

He was jokin dude....lol

7. hardcore

8. Oh... I didnt pick up on that... Well if anyone had a proper answer, I'd appreciate it :)

9. No? Yes? Mebbe?

10. Mebbe? Yes? No?

Its a myth and has no relevance, All is does is move the air around the grow space like a circ fan.

The speakers move causing the air inside the area to move,
    If youve read its also good to talk to plants well that HAS some relevance as they feed on the co2 from our breath..

Remember Google is your friend :)

11. Thank you :) appreciate it!

12. Try radiation next time

13. Awe man, bummin. I was convinced that the classical masterworks I was playing for my plants was actually helping. Must jus be the nutes and proper atmospheric conditions. Damnit. :D

14. MythBusters did a special on that shit and they found that in a controlled experiment plants grow best to (In decending order): Metal, Classical, and dead last, plants grow the worst while listening to country music. ;)

15. How controlled I don't know. They didn't mention whether they used genetic clones of the same plant. If they were using plants of the same height and nature and not clones then I would determine their data unusable. Unfortunately I don't remember which season or episode that was, or feel like putting in the time. But if you want to look into it, happy trails! :D

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUwYKnRvqzE]The effect of music on plants. :) MYTHBUSTER - YouTube[/ame]

17. I didn't see the mythbusters episode or anything, but I do remember reading something somewhere that the sound waves emitted by music help stimulate growth by way of the stem. It would make sense that something like Metal would be more beneficial than something like classical.