Using Ecigs to quit smoking cigs

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by JointAve, Jul 25, 2016.

1. I have been struggling for awhile trying to use a box mod to quit smoking cigarettes, I originally used 6 nicotine and it worked pretty well, I stopped smoking for a few months. When I tried to step it down to 3 nic I bought a pack within a day or two because there wasnt enough to get me through work.

Any words of advice or success stories on using your vape to quit cigs?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention that the end goal here is to quit vaping as well and just blaze

2. stick with 6 if it keeps you from smoking. I dont drop unless it starts becoming too rough for me.
    bit surprised you're having that much trouble if you started at 6mg, seems like thats for people that didnt smoke too much. I started at 18/24, smoked half a pack a day. been a little over 2 years since I switched and now I use 1.5mg if I can get it, 3mg if I cant.

just keep using 6 until you feel jittery or whatever, then you'll know to step down to 3

3. yeah i vape the 24 mg stuff still :) no point otherwise ya hear..

4. I used to smoke a pack a day. Started on 12mg, but realized quickly that 50/50 juice makes my throat swell up. Went down to 6mg 80/20, on a subohm setup and quit cigs after a bit. The best thing you can do is find what works for yourself, and eventually ween down to 1.5/0 mg nic. Now I vape 0-3mg, though I diy a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That hasn't worked for my mom, my cousin or my friend. They said it was to much like smoking. They felt they were still doing the habit of smoking even though it was an e-cig. What worked for me was using a patch so I stopped the habit and everything associated with smoking cigs. The patch also took the choice out of it for me unlike gum, lozenges and e-cigs.

After a few weeks I went with the next lowest patch. I only waited because I wanted to continue not smoking and continued to not do the habitual parts of smoking. Putting something in your mouth, inhaling like you would a cig, having to go to certain places to do it, etc, etc. you know, the habitual part of smoking.

Once I actually made a habit called not smoking, I was able to move on. Not smoking included walks when I felt an urge. positive affirmation like "I am soooo fucking glad I don't smoke", "man I have some money in my pocket from not smoking", "so glad I don't stink like those rank ass death sticks", "I'm so glad I'm not tobaccos bitch anymore". Stuff like that.

That stuff actually helped me hate cigs to the point I actualy kicked the habit completely and for good this time. Its been over 10 years and there was never a single time I wanted tobacco. Good luck and hang in there. It will happen, just keep plugging away at it.

6. I would recommend switching to a nicotine-free e-cig.
    Cold turkey is best.

7. I use 6. Started with 24, moved to 18, moved to 12 and then 6, Tried 3 and it didn't work so I stayed with 6. Been vaping for 4 years now. Best thing I ever did

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

8. I have yet to see it work. everyone I know that started vaping to quit smoking eventually went back to cigs.

9. I haven't smoked a single cig in over 3 years. I can go for days without vaping, never once thought about smoking again.

10. 11 months since I switched to vaping after smoking American spirits for 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. My parents have been off cigs for almost 5 years with just the tiny little kangers. Their pen mods, they use 21mg nicotine. I quit dipping by vaping. So it does work just if your a constant nicotine fiend, it takes awhile to go down in nicotine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app