Using distilled water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KushKlassic, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi.I am almost certain my White widow seedlings have yellow leaves because of my tap waters PH...I have ordered a digital PH tester off of ebay, however it wont be here till Thursday/Friday. In the meantime i was wondering if flushing my plants with distilled water would help..I heard distilled water has a PH of 6-6.5..

I figure this would get all of the Unhealthy tap water out of my seedlings until the Ph reader arrives and i can adjust my tap water accordingly..

thanks..

2. I don't see where a flush would help.

I can see a flush in the case of over nuting, but little else. It often does more harm than good, further stressing an already stressed plant.

If you MUST flush, to sleep better, I would use Spring water, NOT distilled.

Better yet, wait till you get your meter and see exactly what's going on. Another watering with tap isn't going to kill it.

Why are you so sure your tap is "Unhealthy"?

Wet

3. my cousin is on the way over to test my tap water with his tester...if it isnt my tap water turning the leaves yellow then we will look into other reasons..

I just think its my tap water because eveyrthing else seems to be ok. The temp is ok...i am pretty sure i am using enough light...This is my 2nd grow ..my first came out nice but i had problems with yellow leaves then too..

4. What kind of soil you using? And, did you let the tap sit out so the chlorine can evaporate. Could def be the tap. I'd let the soil dry out real well then flush with distilled. Remember that tap has minerals plants need and you should add a little cal/mag is using only distilled.

5. from what i know distilled and bottled water usualy have a ph around 7.
    distilled doesnt differ much from tap.
    causes ph problems like nute lock out (leaves your plants with lighter spots) as happened to one of my babies.
    good luck

6. Well, Distilled is drastically different from tap. It's well, Distilled. Haha. But yeah, it is neutral ph. You just can't continuously water with distilled without supplementing as you will get defeciencies. Peace

7. the yellow might be from the pH or from lack of nutrients...not sure but either can do it