using colloidal silver , how long for?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wombat#, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I have been spraying 50 ppm colloidal silver onto the nodes of two female R4 plants starting 6/12, or 12/6 for those over there, one was started at 12/12 on the 6th , the other was in veg until the 11th .
    I am unsure about how long to spray for , does anyone know ? DSCN3515.JPG DSCN3516.JPG DSCN3517.JPG DSCN3523.JPG DSCN3520.JPG the first pic is the top of the plant that got sprayed starting at the 12/12 change as are the next 2 pics but of lower tops .
    the last two pics are from the plant that was sprayed for 5 days before going 12/12.
    should i stop spraying the one that has begun to show balls?

2. I spray for about 12-14 days until I see pods start to pop up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Going well so keep going

right up to the day you need the pollen

just one lateral / branch is all thats needed

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Yes, you have achieved what the CS was supposed to do. She has her nut's, and just let the plant do it's thing.

Your other's, if there is no sign keep spraying till they appear. You dont need to keep spraying after the transition...

Im going on the STS formula, im glad the CS worked for you.

• Like Like x 3
  5. #6 Digger, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Double post.

6. #7 Digger, Dec 23, 2018
    Edit. Correction on page 2. Sorry...

• Like Like x 1
  7. #8 Digger, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    I hope my above comment above can help with all this "Misinformation" on Feminizing Cannabis Plant's.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Digga It’s obvious you didn’t listen to me the first time when I told you I’ve only had a smart phone for 3 months ya combray.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. #10 Digger, Dec 23, 2018
    Edit, Statement withdrawn.
    Peace DeadHead OG...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. #11 Digger, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Why keep spraying?

11. [​IMG]
    Then what’s that say? Can you just stop following me around and being a dick? That’d be nice!
    Thanks
    -Deadhead

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok, your right there you did say that, my bad there. I will give you a break, but if i sense bullshit I'll call you on it.
    Have a Merry Christmas...

13. Same to you. I don’t hold grudges. I’m sure whatever I said first may have been wrong or offensive so I apologize as well.

14. No worries there, we both got a little carried away... Enjoy your growing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hi all, i'm enjoying a puff on a vape of R4 , it doesn't taste like much really, quite earthy, not 'green' at all, the effect is a warming of the body and relaxation and that thing where once you move your up and at it ,but, if you don't your just couched.
    I stopped spraying the one that is showing balls and will keep spraying the other one right up I run out of CS
    just to see the differences.
    I am after a lot of pollen for long term storage, along with pollen from 2 R4 males collected already ( I have read up to 5 years frozen) and for short term use.
    I have clones of R4 ready and hope for a good stash of feminized R4 seeds and then some experimental crosses.
    I just need to be diligent with labeling!!:icgreen:
    here's something odd , a 'twin' seed on the right. DSCN3527.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. update on the 'balls'..
    50 ppm of colloidal silver is certainly working ,the second plant now has balls growing as well and the first plant is making pollen.
    i note that even the lower nodes of the first plant have balls on even though they were not soaked but just got over spray or light spray.
    DSCN3537.JPG DSCN3538.JPG
    DSCN3539.JPG DSCN3540.JPG DSCN3541.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aren't male plants Dam ugly :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I'm loving them! the balls that is .
    I reckon they don't look like regular males which have more dangly nuts wanting to spread pollen ,
    these will be another challenge to harvest, i'm thinking of tapping them out onto a plate .
    Dangly Nuts.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. well i've got R4 S1 seeds on the way, the whole plant is fertilised , should give me enough seed ,lol, to keep the genetics, and a collection of R4 fem. pollen stored with silicia beads.
    the plant was fertilised by shaking the pollen off in the tent but collecting was more difficult than from a male, no dangly nuts to just tickle , they all bunched up and only two or three balls are ready at any one time and the stale ones are a nuisance. DSCN3542.JPG DSCN3550.JPG DSCN3552.JPG DSCN3553.JPG DSCN3554.JPG DSCN3555.JPG
    i tapped the branches over a plate - awkward and not very productive,
    i plucked the bananas with my finger and thumbnail , dried and popped them- possible not ripe,
    i held a pill bottle under the bananas and tickled them with a paint brush-probably the best method so far ,
    and i cut several branches today and put them in a jar with alfoil under to collect the falling pollen,
    If anyone has any suggestions for drying pollen please let me know DSCN3557.JPG