using black light in last weeks of flowering.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sleepy1972, May 13, 2011.

1. I have had a friend that is a good grower and he has sweared up in down using black light in last week of flowering will increase resign production during light off time.

I decided recently to give it a try and i was surpized with the results.
    first i will say seemed to me it stressed my plants out..
    second i must say the resign production seemed to be higher buds also fermed up quite a bit more than before..
    so why is this??
    I went through my nurmeous books I have and actually found a section where black lights have been tested and do increase resign production i was shocked that it was in there I know i read that book before and dont remember reading that before but now i will continue using black lights in the last week of my dark time..

also in that book it talked about stressing your plants can increase resign production so in my mind the UV light from the black lights must stress out the plants some how dont understand it if anyone has any real info on it let me know that i can get the science behind it i like to understand shit...

2. To the best of my understanding (and according to most I've read online) blacklights dont really work for growing anything... But it sounds interesting enough. Where did you find the info on blacklights producing more resin?

3. I read on another forum about someone else that swears by the addition of black lights/tanning bulbs during flowering. Supposedly the additional UV radiation prompts the plants to produce more resin as a shield to protect itself.

My retarded thought of the day... could someone grow strictly off of UV lights by adding the right colors of photo reactive dye to your water/feedings. I guess that as long as you put it under some natural light for the last few days if that would be enough time to flush the plants of the dye?

4. If I recall correctly, part of the purpose of resin is protecting the seeds from UV radiation, so placing a UV light source could help stress them and produce more - But if that's the case, I'd rather use the UV while the lights are on. Eitherway, I'm not sure how useful it'll be.

5. You are right black lights do not grow anything but the UV light stresses the plant to make more resign now that is the thery I do not have real science behind it..Just seemed to work for me..I going to do some real reasech on this and get back to you all..