Using African Violet soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheWeedFiend, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I'm new to grass city and I just started my first grow.
    For my grow medium, I bought some Schultz African violet soil. I was wondering if anyone has ever used this type of soil to grow MJ, and if so what kind of yields you had.

I've done quite a bit of research regarding growing cuz I don't wanna botch this up.
    So far my seedling is doing very well, its only about 2 inches tall but I have been keeping my CFL 100w light real close -- I'm trying to get this plant to be short and bushy as opposed to tall, growing space is limited for me.

Any response would be greatly appreciated thanks

happy toking

2. I'm on my first grow and about as far along. I have no experience to lend, but I'm rooting for ya. :)

3. Curious how your grow is doing?

4. Its actually doing very well! its three weeks old and a lot bigger than i thought it would be at this point. I will post pics later. root system is developing EXTREMELY nicely, i need to transplant into a bigger pot soon cuz the roots are clearly pushing towards the edges of my pizza x cup:D i think the african violet soil did a really good job of holding moisture, also it has some nutes in it that are periodically released, so i havent had to do any feeding. so far so good though.

5. Here she is

Attached Files:

6. The second set of nodes are crinkled because I had them a little too close to my cfl and there wasn't enough airflow in my closet. the heat made them shrivel.

7. Yay! Good to hear. Mine is about the same age and also ran into heat problems, but all good now. Try to post weekly updates, man!

8. Nice looking plants.I hope you take more pics of it,if so I will sub.Also I never heard of african violet soil but it looks like it is doing your plant good.

9. What strain?

10. thanks! and yeah il try and post some weekly pic updates. No idea what strain it is. it was a bag seed. Praying that its not male