Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

using a crock pot to make cannabis oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dealwithit, Nov 24, 2012.

1. what temp should i set it on?
    theres only low/medium/high
    should i set the temp to right before it starts to boil?

2. #2 theVirtuoso, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    Low temp all the way through.

Make sure to decarboxylate your cannabis beforehand. Times/temps can vary based on freshness, but generally it's around 200*f for ~25min for decarbing. This is essential.

Then low temp in the crock pot (place aluminum foil over the top before putting the actual lid on); let that go for a couple hours, stirring occasionally. Then, after the container has cooled put it in the freezer overnight (I know you probably don't want to wait, but it's worth it I assure you). Next day take it out and let it warm up a bit before putting it back in the crock pot... low temp for a couple hours, strain if needed and you're good to go. It's difficult to overdo it and any lost from too long is negligible with this method.

That's what I read in BKS's thread somewhere when I wanted to make some good cannabutter in the crockpot and it couldn't have come out better - it was phenomenal.

3. can i get the link to that thread?
    thanksbud