Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a button as a screen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MCK, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Hi there. Been smoking since late '06 so I feel dumb posting this, but...

Basically I can't get a hold of any good screens right now. Although I found some small buttons in a cabinet, one's metal and has 2 tiny holes, looks perfect for lighting with. Problem is I can't tell if it's aluminum or steel or what. I've heard of aluminum foil fucking you up if you use it to smoke long term, but has anyone tried buttons as screens?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

2. hhhhmmm...it would work, no doubt about that.
    but im not a button expert so i couldnt tell you what to look for in aluminum/metal buttons :p

but my guess it that, even though it may be alluminum, just use it. if its metal one use wont do any thing

3. man use it you'll be fine, you won't have any lasting effects from that shit even if it is aluminum.

4. Eh, It would be a bad idea, because they would probably have a finish on them.

try this? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHj82BqOng]YouTube - How to Make a Bong: The Screen[/ame]

5. as long as you don't resin hit the foil you for sure won't have any problems, its melting temp is hard to get with a regular lighter. as the above guy said the button might have finish on it, which would most def be bad.

6. Make sure there's no finish that could smoke up when heated, hold a lighter on it for 10 or 15 seconds and check for fumes to be safe. Even if it is aluminum, the amount you'd absorb from smoking from it is compareable to the amount you absorb from drinking out of an aluminum can. The CO2 in soda slowly degrades and breaks down aluminum, so you're drinking dissolved aluminum, but neither is even close enough to be harmful.

End of my rant, just heat the button, if you dont see any fumes, then go for it bud :)

7. i dont think aluminum fucks u up
    ive used it in so many bongs ive made out of plastic and unless its some shitty foil i dont think it will be so bad, glass is better but if u cant get it use the aluminum id say