Using 2700k CFL during Veg stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 660Caloriesofun, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hey I have been growing a couple plants for almost a month now, and I will put them into Flowering in 1-2 weeks. Up until now, I have used 2 6500k CFL bulbs on each plant, but i am noticing some dark shaded areas. my plants are about 11 inches and 7 inches, so I am waiting until the smaller one gets to 12 inches, to put them into flowering. I have more lights, but they are all 2700k CFL's, so I was wondering if it would be okay to use them for a week or 2 more during veg stage.
    Thanks,

2. Yeh its fine, plants will veg under most any light, its when flowering comes that the amount and intensity of the light comes into play

Obviously the correct spectrum and good supply of lights will make it veg quicker and grow stronger but they will veg under it.

3. Yep ^^^^^^ he is right, the difference will be how fast they Grow in Veg. with 2700K instead of the 6500K, but other than that is fine, I did in the past grows from Clone to Flower with HPS and 12/12 all the way from day One.

4. alright sweet guys thanks.

5. whats better for flowering the 5000ks or 2700ks? i have 2 60watt (5000K) and 1 45watt (2700) for my flowering now should i get another 2700? or are the 5000 better?

6. Based on my experience 2700K, however I could be wrong theorycally, either way you should be fine.

7. alright thanks for the help