Using 2 Ignitors 1 Ballast

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by hxvoc, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was reading somewhere that you could wire in a second ignitor and run 2 lamps off 1 ballast. Can anyone confirm this? If so how about a wiring diagram as I think this is my best option at this point. Thank you

2. bump, does anybody in here know shit about lighting? doesnt look like it

3. Where were you reading it, link?

4. The only thing I have ever seen involving two bulbs on one ballast was using a few relays to switch power between bulbs (IE Power for your veg room for a period of time then switch to your flower room, or for other setups with a similar principle)

Attempting to power to bulbs simultaneously off the same ballast will double your amp draw, that will likely smoke the transformer.

5. Nice attitude, that will attract many people to want to help you... :rolleyes:

6. Yeah you can get any help hardley on this site. All the "advanced" growers think there to good to help the noobs. Then when noobs get upset about it then they wanna flame the noob. Wow, great attitude toasty, You just proved the number one problems noobs were having here was correct. you take time and energy to read but wont comment until the noob gets pissed cuz his post was laying around for a week. My grow journal perfect example. I keep a good attitude in there but I cant get shit for help from u fuckn know it alls cuz u think your to damn good. So just carry on being an asshole and ignoring new comers help request. Thanks for nothing.

7. +rep for being a whiny b*tch to people, its called a flip box you can power 2 lights with one ballast now go away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.