Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Used A New Bong Twice And Feel Clogged

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Alecskates12, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hey everyone. I recently just bought a bong. I will have a picture below. its not the same one because mine is in my safe and i havent had a chance to take it back out. The picture i provided is almost the same as my bong. My bong has the inline, the perc, ice catcher and stemless bowl. 

Yesterday i went to use it for the first time. Me and my friend take about 2 hits each. After that it feels clogged. We take the bowl off and pull and it still seem very very clogged. Now this didnt make sense to me since i bought it brand new from the store that day. How could it be clogged? I emptied out all of the water and tried to pull without the bowl and it was extremly clogged as well. I really dont know what i should do. The bud is not clogging it i only took roughly 2 hits. What could be clogging it and how would i fix it? please could really use the help.

Attached Files:

2. U gotta grind ur bud bro.....

this has nothing to do with how the bong is shaped or anything, it depends on how u pack the bowl

3. Ya I'd say it's either your not grinding enough, or you are pulling your bowl through (which I assume everyone does) and the bits that arent completely burnt have probably clogged some of the slits in the inline. If your inline is blue like the one pictured it will be really easy to miss it. You might have to use that one with a screen to prevent it clogging in the future, or just dont pull it though, even though its annoying ashing a bowl lol

That's my guess, since it still seems clogged when you pull the bowl

He's right, you have to make sure you grind your bud, when you don't it just burns the outside and you don't get the full effect as it is not burning evenly, also make sure you use Gauzes, especially steel Gauzes as your using a Glass Bong

5. i use glass screens personally

6. this has nothing to do with grinding up bud. it felt extremly clogged even after i took the bowl off just to like clear it. So i can take off the bowl and it feels just as clogged as when the bowl is on. Its not the bowl or packing a to tight bowl. 

7. Dude your perc is clogged are you really this retarded common sense people

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Theres no reason to be such a dick. This is the reason why i don't come on these forums anymore. I bought the piece brand new and smoked like 2 hits out and so did a friend before it got clogged. it just didnt make sense

9. Remove the bowl, and fill it up with some water. Blow through it to try and pressure clean your perc holes. If not, my guess is that maybe it's a defect, and a few of your holes were just made too small. Did you have a chance to test the percolation at the head shop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. No i did not get a chance to test it at the shop. But i cleaned it with iso and salt and it has seemed to clear up the problem. i do not know what was clogging it because it could not of been bud since i just bought it that day. Oh well its fixed now and its ripping