USA: Are you REALLY this fucked up?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Hey US blades,

I have a question for you.

I'm doing this for my sheer amusement.

Do people from New England hate Texans, and vice versa?

My roomie says that that's how it is all over the US: each state hates another state.

Now, I tried to tell him that you can't generalize about a population, but he's such a conflict-theorist-capitalist egotistic fool. Apparently, you CAN generalize about social tension just because "it's the States".

He brought this up randomly, saying how the dumbest girl he knows went to Texas A&M, which is apparently a good business school.

I said "Oh, that's cool, good for her." He says "But I don't get how she's there... because Texans hate people from New England." Then he started launching into a tirade about how dumb she actually is.

Consider this: here's a capitalist idiot talking about how stupid this girl is, while he's busy playing videogames online, pretending like he wants to be in Business here, "the work's too easy so I don't try", etc... like, what is that?

It seems like he has something bad to say about everyone, but not himself.

He really lacks in any expressive human capabilities. He doesn't get poetry/English language/literary prose and takes everything at face value. It saddens me to know he will never experience a life changing revelation and that his arrogance will ultimately be his downfall. Just for that, I'm gonna go down the hall and fuck the girl he's eyeing, because don't worry Rich, Canadians have no interest in fucking you.

(That last part is a maybe; we will see - she's single now so...)

(OH, and this sholdn't be taken in the wrong way, if someone does, randomly. I love the USA and all my lovely blades who reside there. Man-made borders are such asinine conventions...)

2. We might talk shit but we dont really hate each other

3. There are everyone from people who don't care where you are from, to good natured rivalry (usually dealing with sports) to just dumbasses who think where you are from has something to do with intelligence. On tv it is mostly northern people bashing southern people though. In real life it takes place on both sides.

4. I hate northerners because they're assholes in general, every time I've been up north people just treat other people like shit. Need to learn a little southern hospitality.

Edit:Don't take this personally northerners, just my experience dealing with people up north(primarily the northeast)

5. that's not entirely true. i'm from maine, and i hate everyone. i wish we would leave the united states and be another province of canada.

i especially hate massachusetts, florida, and new york. there is no love for my fellow statesmen.

6. Quoted for the fucking truth.

Never have I ever experienced hospitality and cheer like that displayed from those people in Georgia/Kentucky/Tennessee... those were the three that stood out when I was down that way. Damn good breakfasts, ughhhh... *mouth watering*

7. I will kill any man from South Dakota on sight as a matter of principle

8. ummm...i dont know anyone in ma that hates ne one just because they are from texas....jersey or new york perhaps, but also, most of the people i know dont like the place more than the people, but then again, its the people that tend to make a place what it is...

so i think in GENERAL theres some tensions between things like that, but a lot of the times it has to do with football or some other thing that fuels it :i.e. boston has the redsox, new york has the yankees, our rivals, there have been too many rival brawls to count:rolleyes:: all over a sport.
    that being said, im genetically programmed to hate the yankees, simply because i share relation with someone who played in the sox as a catcher. :p

9. Ive ran into my fair share of northerners who think the south is just one big trailer park.I don't hate em all though,they're just misinformed.:D

10. Yeah,we really are assholes up here in New England though.

11. Yeah, the town I live in, you can't drive down the road without everyone waving and smiling at you. Even he little old ladies while I'm shopping in Wal-Mart won't look at my upside down cross tattoo or long goatee twice, they just smile and say hi.

12. #12 Alphå, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    There certainly is a bit of rivalry in the US, but it sounds like your friend just isn't that bright... I have been to 48/50 US states (not Alaska or Hawaii)

The two largest groups I can think of are North vs South and Democrat Vs Republican... Both of those conflicts are fed by people who have absolutely no understanding for the social or historical reasons behind the conflict, thus you could say that they are REALLY that fucked up.

I have noticed that the farther south you go, the lower people's intelligence gets. I am not trying to say that everyone in the south is dumb. There are plenty of intelligent people and dozens of colleges and universities dedicated to the persuit of knowledge and understanding... I have studied southern culture both in the classroom and I have even lived there for periods of time. Heck I was living in Florida a few months ago. My next statement is based off my own experience (and you can even look up educational statistics and I'm certain they fit my argument). The south has a rich history whose socialization process is very different from the rest of the country...

I would argue that the socialization process of the south does not embrace education and knowledge as much as it does embrace religion and propensity for tradition (which are contributing factors to low intelligence). I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but I am ready to back up my argument if someone would like to challenge the notion.

I'm from New England, and I don't hate Texas.

Massachusetts and Maine have a rivalry going, probably because Maine used to be an enclave of Massachusetts. It all has to do with the Missouri Compromise. While we were trying to sort out our slavery issues, Maine was admitted as a non-slavery state to keep the North and South on an even footing. In other words, a slave state opened in the south (Missouri), and a free state opened in the north(Maine) so neither group would have more legislative power in the federal gov't)

I really like the western half of the US. The people out there are generally hospitable towards travelers, and the land is absolutely beautiful.

13. I just wanted to come in here, it's kinda related.

I hate being called a yankee. Really? WTF! :p

14. Nah, we don't hate each other. I'm from New York, and New Yorkers are known to be hostile but extremely friendly at the same time.

"Fuck you my friend, enjoy your day!"

15. I wish I could say that we opted for understanding instead of ridicule towards our fellow man, but buddy, just doesn't seem to be the case. Good thread btw.

16. you know, i very rarely got any hospitality when i lived in tn, a whole lot of rudeness and two-facedness....at least up here people are more straightforward if they dont like you or something...lol
    hence why we're all assholes...or in my case...massholes!

:just like whl here, rly not judging EVERYone based on a few years, this is just a generality:

17. I feel like the South are racist assholes, don't like most New Yorkers and Jersey people, don't like Ohio.

That doesn't make any of it true, its just the way I was raised ;)

18. I just don't see the need for hate or animosity between states/provinces.

We live in the god damned same countries, why should we argue and be hateful? Reaaaaal patriotic, I say!

(I get this in Canada too, sometimes...)

19. oregonians kind of hate californians for polluting our chill-ass state with their pushy californian ways. i don't though, i've got tons of family in cali

20. Some people just want to act high and mighty because there was slavery hundreds of years ago (as if I had anything to do with that). Plenty of famous German companies used to do work for the Nazi's. Noone says anything about that though. Just "Rebel Flag! Duuuurrrr You're racist!!" anytime I wear a fucking Pantera shirt.