US members...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheLoser, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hello, this is my first post here after reading tons of great info on this site. I wonder though about people who post here and are from U.S. states where weed is illegal. Is there no risk involved in posting comments, questions, or pics here?

I mean, say if you posted pics of your growing setup here, but it is illegal to grow in your state, couldn't those pics be used against you or possibly cause the law enforcement to investigate you? Maybe im just paranoid, but isn't it easy (for trained people) to find out where you are located and/or other personal info just by checking up on your IP address?

2. The servers aren't in the United States, so U.S. LEO can piss up a rope. ;)

As well, as long as you don't post any identifying data (example: a picture with your license plate number or address), how would any LEO know where you were?

3. Hi TheLoser,

Welcome to Grasscity.....this website is based in the Netherlands, and the word around here is that we're safe and secure from the prying eyes of US law enforcement. If you read the rules of the site, there is pretty strict policy regarding posting about selling/distributing, and the moderators do a good job keeping the folks in line. Your IP address is on Dutch servers, so you're pretty safe.

A lot of the community are legal, compliant medical growers, and there are a lot that are just growing for their personal use. I don't think law enforcement wants to go through the hassle of getting the Dutch government to help prosecute a bunch of Americans growing a few plants in their closets.

I also don't think any self respecting commercial grower is going to be balsy enough to post pictures of his large scale grow on the boards here. The DEA is more interested in taking down huge networks of drug traffickers.

The rule of thumb here is to make sure there are no identifiable tags on the pics posted, and stay low key. The growers forums are to help those that need or want to grow an avenue to get started. There is a lot of useful info available here and since I've been here I've not heard of anyone getting the shaft from posting here.

Some members here use proxy servers to further isolate themselves, but that's the exception, rather than the rule. Beware of those that would PM you asking for a hook-up, and don't divulge personal info and you'll be okay.

take care,

chunk

4. Thanks guys! I am happy to be a new member of the "city", and look forward to learning this hobby from you all.

5. HIGH All, welcome to The City chuck...just be smart and All will be good.

If anyone gets these PM's report it as soon as possible and we'll show them the Back Door.

Don't think LEO's don't watch what happens here..they do...as I said be Smart about what and How you Post.

6. welcome to the city:hello:.There is a wealth of information on here.

7. GC is for discussion and exchange of ideas and information, a basic constitutional right. As for the things I say or pictures I post, well I just found those trolling the internet -- in reality, I'm a 91 year old grandmother who knits doilies all day...