Urgent question. Please look.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mabe92, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Guys, I germinated 2 good good bag seeds to get my grow started...one has sprouted already. I have left them in the dark up until this point. Well, I just found out today my lights I ordered could be up to 6 more days before arrival...will it hurt if the plant opens up to leave it light-less for up to a week?

I'm thinking about pulling them both up and just starting over.

2. you should start them somewhere under the sun until you get your light.

3. Will this cause any unnecessary stretch? I only have 1 1/2 feet of actual grow height...was planning on LST'ing.

4. #4 RADruderalis, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    1 & 1/2 feet? i thought they just sprouted. pics. edit: Ive got about a foot of height and was actually planning on lsting as well.

5. I'm saying if they stretch too far it might conflict with the amount of space I have which is 1 1/2 feet

6. I sprouted mine a day or two early as well, impatience I suppose. I was about two days early, and thought about leaving them in the dark as well. After one day in the dark, they started to stretch looking for light. Moved them to my back porch in decent sun and the vertical growth rate slowed and leaves started developing. If you have a place where they can get decent light outside, I don't think it would stretch them near as bad as keeping them in the dark. Moved them indoors two days later when I got my lights and they seem to be doing fine, although they are only at about hour 14 of the first 18/6 cycle as I type this so damaged may have yet to be seen.

7. #7 SCMC, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    Go to the hardware store. Spend $4 on a 6" clamp light reflector. Spend another $2 on a 23w to 27w (actual wattage) Daylight spectrum CFL. Place the CFL in the clamp light reflector and keep this approximately 1" to 3" from the tops of your plants. The closer the better.

In 6 days when your lights arrive you can "retire" your CFL setup until you break more seeds. I always use Daylight CFL's when starting plants. They are cheap and work extremely well.

You'll spend more tonight at Taco Bell.

Attached Files:

8. ah ok, yea dude id go with scmcs advice.

9. like scmc said, Just use a cfl or 2, I started my cherry berry seeds under 2 cfl's, and theyve done great. Im taking clones this weekend and getting them under a MH, but the cfl's worked great to get my seedlings going, and its super cheap, I used 2 bulbs though, one red, and one blue spectrum.

10. Update. I put them outside, one of them stretched pretty bad...I might just yank em and wait until my lights get in...just bagseed anyways.

[​IMG]

11. start another.

12. All my plants seem to strech. I 'm not totally sold on the strech idea. It may cause stress to the plant but the plant still grows and cannabis is growen.

You decide.

13. Try this.... Keep them in the sun for only 8 hours or so so that they only get a bit of sunlight... that will keep them stunted until you get enough sufficient light. but i honestly feel like you could just straight up grow them in pots outside and transplant them to bigger pots when you get the lights... that's exactly what i did and mine are a month old and only 8-17 inchis. (diff heights)

14. I went ahead and pulled them up. I have a lot of bag seeds off decent strains I saved, so it won't be that bad to start more. I'm gonna keep a journal going though for my first grow. Thanks everyone for your help! :smoke:

15. Dude that sprout is fine no stretching ur tripping that looks normal to me my plants maybe 8 inches tall and started just like urs in the sun