[URGENT HELP PLEASE] Does anyone take CARBAMAZEPINE(EPITOL)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Volcano South, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Hello all.

I have been prelimiminarily diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. I am awaiting an MRI tomorrow.

I have been prescribed CARBAMAZEPINE(EPITOL). I googled "epitol marijuana" and "marijuana carbamazepine" and found some page that said marijuana increases the adverse effects of EPITOL and said I should not use marijuana.

Can I continue to use marijuana safely?

My state does not have MMJ laws so I don't feel comfortable talking about this with my doctor.

2. Not sure, but it cant hurt to ask your doctor, he cant tell anyone and it never hurts to be extra safe.

3. have you been smoking on it?
    or did you just get it today?

4. I was on CBZ for a little while (about 6 months) for my epilepsy, and about the only thing I noticed happening after I smoked up is I would get insanely tired once I started to come off of a high. If I smoked again that fatigue would become compounded, but if I got up and did something around the house for a little while I would wake up.

It never failed though. I would smoke, and then pretty much just go to bed.

5. You should be fine. Watch out for CNS and respiratory depression, but other than that, you should be fine.

6. I just got it today.

I haven't taken one yet either.

Good man. Thank you.

7. Tell it to your doctor like you are a smart person not a "youth on drugs" Say you enjoy it because it relaxes you and you don't think personally its harmful usually but read that it might be in relation to the drug what should you do, if a doctor doesn't answer that truthfully then they shouldn't be a doctor.

8. dude, talk to your doctor.