Urgent help needed with inherited plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hacker162, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Ive recently "inherited" a large plant after a mate of mine had to go away for a while, thing is ive never really took much notice of how he kept it etc and am panicing that it
    will die if I dont keep it well. I have loads of different fertilizers/booster etc but dont have a clue where to start. The plant is well grown - about 2 foot and there is also a smaller one - bout 12". Dont know if they are male/female as im a total growing novice.
    All help appreciated Cheers:confused:

2. list all the ferts and other stuff you have and maybe a pic of the plant and someone will tell you what to use and how to use it

3. Cheers, the plant is approx 2 foot hight, high and a stem of approx 3cm round.
    Ive got the following; Emerald Shaman, Super nutrients boost, Liquid Light, Pro-take root, gold add-27, original bloom, saturator and explode

4. is it outdoors? If it is outdoors, or indoors, just give it VEGITATIVE nutrients. Water it every 2-3 days, with nutrients mixed. thats all u have to do if they are not showing male or female yet, which they are small so they prob arent yet. if its a male it has little tiny balls growing at the nodes. if its female it has little tiny clear-white pistils growing at the nodes.

5. Cheers for that, it is an indoor plant, any advice on temperature to keep it in, lighting etc?

6. Temps can be any where from 73-78 F for optimal (strain dependent but that is a good rule of thumb) You'll want about 250 real watts (not equivalent) of CFLs, 125 watts for each plant, 2" to 4" above the plants for optimal growth. Best thing with nutes you can do is follow the instructions and read up on nute burn and read about sick and diseased plants and keep an eye on em.

Where are you growing, dresser, closet, just in a spare room? You'll need decent ventilation so the plants get plenty of CO2 for photosynth and O2 to the roots