upgrading to hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UKCRONICGROWER, Feb 21, 2007.

1. hi guys well ive got two plants in flower (4th week) and im disapointed really im using cfls and the buds just dont seem to be filling out much :mad: .anyway im going to dig deep and get a hps light ,i was planning on getting one anyway and now im certain i want one .im allso moving house soon so ill have a new grow room any size i like :D so ive been looking on e bay at this lighteBay.co.uk: 400w HPS Dual Spectrum Grow Light! - Hydroponics HID! (item 220082659462 end time 22-Feb-07 00:08:13 GMT) is this what i should get ? i dont want anything any bigger than a 400w . what do you guys think is it ok ?

2. You want a HPS Switchable, this allows you to use a MH bulb during Veg and a HPS bulb during flower. Just make sure it comes with the ballast, and you will need a decent reflector and the bulbs.

3. Switchable?? I bought a 400W HPS with ballast from here:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Starfish-Supplies-Ltd

FAB DEALER

Then I realised I needed MH for vegging and bought a MH Bulb from them (cost me £0.99 :eek: ) and I screwed it straight in. Been on now for over a week and works great. What switch? :confused: Hope it's all right! :eek:

I looked at your link and that looked a good deal with freebies too. Starfish though can help with everything else, like grow medium, hydro, ferts, mylar etc and they are great people to deal with.

4. it says it has a full dual spectrum bulb with both blue and red light so i dont need to switch for vegg and flowering .

5. All you need is a Metal Halide conversion bulb. They will work in a HPS ballast.

6. Your still better off with a MH conversion bulb. Another widely used supplier of lights is HTG Supplies and they have a great deal on 400HPS with conversion bulb for 165usd.

7. ok thanks guys