Updated lots of pics of my grow problems.. Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Red Eye Jedi, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

Trouble started right at the beginning with me being a noob and planting germed seedlings straight into Biobizz soil. They shot up well and continued until recently when some of them have began showing signs of a possible magnesium deficency.

They have been in the veg stage for around 5 weeks now and have just been fed water as i assumed the soil would have enough food in it. They are under a 600w light with air being circulated with a desk fan.

I was told that the ph was too high causing lockout so i purchased some ph down and began feeding them all 6.0 ph water nothing else.

So thats where i am, they are still the same and haven't perked up. The run off water was around 6.5 - 7 ph last time i watered which was 2 days ago.

I am thinking that some of them are root bound which isn't helping so my plan is to replant into bigger pots, add some more biobizz soil as thats all i have and water.

As i think they are ready for the flowering stage should i wait until the ph is correct before switching? Also as i will be re-potting into bigger pots will flowering straight away be ok?

I have also bought some epsom salts and was considering a foliar feed but was told to correct the ph first.

I welcome any suggestions, comments, posts to have a look at too!

I've read the sick plants thread but am getting mixed signals from what i've read.

Help!! :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. You are defnitly on the right track if you are planning on putting them into bigger pots because it looks like the roots have no where to go in that little pot. Have you tried to flush it yet?

3. Thanks for the reply,

I watered them til i go around 30% run off and took the ph reading from that. It was 6.5 to 7 3 days ago and the soil is still moist so i haven't watered since. Have been watering using tap water lowered to a ph of 6 using ph down. I have a bottle of feed thats supposed to be used during the veg cycle but i haven't touched it!

I'm kinda hoping its all caused from them becoming root bound and using all the nutes in the soil instead of having too much.

4. I have never used that soil, I do not know what is in it and currently grow in hydro. That being said I know that some soils have too much nutes for seedlings. Your plants are not seedlings, so I doubt the soil itself is your problem, but makes sure you know what it is that you are using. Your plants need to be transplanted. They will show signs of there being a problem as long as they are root bound, transplant ASAP.

If you are going to use tap water you should atleast let it air out for 24 hours before you give it to your plant. There are many factors of tap water that are not good for Cannibis, but it will get you by.

As to your fertilizer, I have no idea what you have. I can tell you that dirty fish tank water will work well.

Good luck man:smoke:

5. The 4th pic from the top, what is on the foliage? I see balck spots, like something is eating your plant. I can not make the pic larger, so maybe you want to look into that aswell.

6. that is very true. you may have a pest problem. i just discovered that i have one my self and its coming from the soil. what nuets are you using?

7. You should always microwave your soil to kill any gnat eggs or anything else that may be in the soil.

8. I think you start with a transplant... 5 weeks, no nutes -- and your runnoff is 6.5 - perhaps they need nutes. Transplanting them into fresh soil will give them fresh nutes -- give them a few days, see if they perk up.

I would want to see some healthy new growth before I put the plants into flowering, but that's me.

9. Thanks again for the replies, Chickadie your a star, thanks for your help. I did check your blog too and that gave me a bit of hope.

The brown spots on pic no 4 are bit's of soil from when i was moving them around.

I'm off to get some bigger pots and some more soil, i'll put some more pics up later and the npk levels of the biobizz soil i am using.

I will hold off putting them into flower for another week after re-potting and see how they do, don't want to rush them while they are like this.

If i take a ph reading after re-potting and watering would this give an incorrect reading due to the nutes in the new soil?

10. So i've just touched down from a short 5 night break in Spain and the plants problems is still showing. I replanted them into 15 litre pots and topped up the soil using more Biobizz allmix, gave them a good watering and left them.

My friend has watered them twice in my absence using premixed 6.0ph water i mixed up before i went.

I flipped the lights over to before i went too.

They have grown a little and the stems seem nice and thick and healthy. you can also see lots of new growth where i topped them too.

So i'm stumped! As they only got watered the other day the soil is still moist so i can't really water and get a ph reading of the run off.

Surely nutes aren't needed so soon after repotting into fresh soil 5 days ago?

I'm worried that these problems are going to get worse so should i go ahead and add some kind of foliar feed to see if that perks them up? They seem rather droopy maybe due to over watering?

Reckon i'm not cut out for this soil growing!

Thanks. :(

11. i cant tell, but im looking at the root pic you have, did you take the plant out the pot for the pic or did you leave the plant in the pot and then take the pic with the roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the pot?

12. Pic was taken in the old pots showing roots out of the bottom.

They also have purples leaf stems now, think the fact they have been over watered and the temp has dropped loads (Snowing outside) doesn't help.

Really want the soil to dry out and the temp to pick up to see if that helps.

Can't see them needing more nutes, the Biobizz allmix soil i use has a ph of 6.6 for info.

I have decided to lower the light to see if that helps at all. They are in the first week of flowering and haven't grown at all so something is causing my lockout or maybe a combo of things.

13. the purple stems are likely caused by cold temps. They can experience transplant shock which can cause droopiness, and temporarily stunted growth - give them a week or so to recover from the transplant before you worry about the lack of growth.