Update to my Homemade tube.

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Pipesmith, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Link to original thread : http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/971507-homemade-bong-non-toxic.html#post13325191

Back in my old thread i made a nice 8in or so pocket bong and ever since then i have been wanting to make it bigger but i needed to be able to carry it in and out of the house.

But i had the idea for a bong that snapped together and dissasembled for easy storage and movement.

Well i found another Candy Cane tube and cut the curve of the cane off and gutted the inside of it to allow for better airflow and i then i attached the second tube on...It like a foot and a half now.

The next upgrade was the bowl i didn't like to doorstop bowl so i used a socket instead and it works better since i can take most of the bowl in with one hit and for some reason it seems to hit smoother and taste alot cleaner.

And by god i really do know why when it comes to bongs...The bigger the better because i can take such bigger hits now and its smoother.

You guys didn't think i would leave you without a milk shot did ya?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWT4_u3Sz4"]New bong update. - YouTube[/ame]

2. Shamefull self bump...opinions? Criticism? I really like this thing.

3. #3 Jumbo, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    i find, the smaller the better. more time for smoke to go stale when the bongs that long yo

also ill say it even though ur having fun with the homemade piece, stop smoking weed through all that metal and plastic....

get a real bong yo

4. They make bongs out of arylic as well as glass for a reason.
    My philosophy is if hot smoke that hasn't been filtered threw water hits plastic then your in trouble.

Metal in my opinion is fine as well that's why we have commercially made metal pipes as well as glass.

5. glass tastes delicious though! but thats pretty sweet for a homemade simple yet effective

6. [quote name='"Jumbo"']get a real bong yo[/quote]

What's wrong with his piece? Plastics and metals are equally as safe as glass as long as the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that there is no excessive heat applied to parts that could result in the inhalation of toxins.

On the original post. Nice piece dude, would you mind showing me a better picture of the stem? I think i might like to make a similar one.
    +1 for ingenuity! :)

7. hold your hits in bro. damn.

8. I'm guessing you never heard of N.Hale University?

9. No crap they make them. Heck i own a metal pipe and an acrylic bong with a metal downstem. first pieces i owned. but you would have to pay me to use them now. wouldnt smoke a rip through the acrylic for less than an ounce of very high grade bud.

glass> anything else. please dont argue that smoking weed in a metal tube through a plastic tube is better then smoking it through all glass.

10. No, because your mouth will be on it inhaling letting no oxygen in, after you clear it and take your mouth away, the smoke will be stale. Therefore, it doesn't matter.

11. Thanks for the support guys im not sure what to do next i might convert the little red connector peice into a perc.

Or i could make an ash catcher i have a spare stem for that...hmm decisions...decisions...

12. The headliner in that jeep looked alot like mine before i ripped it down.