UPDATE: super iced grapefruit and orange fruitboud!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kidcannabis4, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hey guys picking up from here ----> 4th grow with 300w hps for flowering in coco coir. Trouble nutrient abundancy or lockout?

4th grow with 300w hps for flowering in coco coir. Trouble nutrient abundancy or lockout?

I watered with with duiluted nutrietns yesterday came downto the grow this morning and the coco is still WET normally the following day the top layer is somewht dryer as compared to the SIG. further inspecting i realize that a good majority of the plnts leves fall off really easily. A good portion of the fan leaves have fallen off these are what the leves look like [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Not a clue in the world what this could be. Before and after follow
    [​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    After...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. pottasium deficiency due to wrong root zone ph...what's the run off ec and ph?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. Toss that Coco next time and get yourself some real soil. Unless you're doing DWC, Coco is not the best choice you could make for a grow medium for sure. Your plants look burned to me. If you've not managed the pH of the water, you could have root lockout which is basically salt buildup in the roots preventing it from taking in nutrition. How far into flower are you right now? The plant will shed drastically in the latter weeks of the flower cycle when it uses the sugars stored in it's leaves as energy to fatten out the buds. This normally happens in the last 2-3 weeks of the flower cycle. But if your plant has stopped drinking the way it did, it's probably got root lockout. If that's the case, you need to do the dreaded flush.....3:1 gals water/gallon size container. Last water going in needs to be pH adjusted.

Don't post pictures taken under HPS or LED lighting. You can't tell a thing about the coloring of the plant because of it. You need to give more info about this plant...how long it's been in flower, what you're using exactly and doing as far as medium and tending the plant. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. To quote you from another thread: "You have no idea what you're talking about". You continually tell coco growers to ditch it and grow in your soil with absolutely no knowledge of coco. There are a lot of people who grow differently than you with better success than you. You only yield 10 oz. from a 1000w HPS and I regularly yield over a pound from 2 plants under a 650w LED with only a 5 week veg time - hardly a reason to grow your way. If you don't have anything constructive, then keep quiet. To quote you again from another thread: "You can't fix stupid".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wrong advice again. To the OP - I agree that a flush is probably needed to straighten out the root zone pH, but never use just water to flush coco because it messes up the cation exchange capacity. When flushing always use 1/4 strength nutes that is pH'd to 6.0. TWW is giving you advice about soil, and apparently she thinks all growing methods should be treated like soil.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yup Someone needs to start a thread NEVER FLUSH WITH STRAIGHT WATER then explain why...If I had a dime for every time I've read that ...I'd live in dubai and hire the sultan to clean my penthouse....

• Like Like x 2
  7. So just wondering when flushing with the 1/4 strength nutes should i use the whole line up of nutes and supps at 1/4 strength? I use emerald harvest line of nutes. The includes a plant tonic, resin enricher and a bloom booster. Or should i flush with just bloom a+b nutrients at 1/4 strength??

8. I don't use additives at all, but it would seem to me that only using the base nutes for flush would be appropriate.

9. Good looks friend, since my last feeding ive had to move everything to the garage which in itself has been a hassle, but i will be doing a flush today, with your advice, so far the gal still seems to be standing and hasnt signled anymore deterioration it just seems to be at a standstill now but remaining leaves still seem to be in tact and green in some parts. I still havent seen my calyxes swell either. Will update further.

10. Also is calmag excluded from the mix as well? And what can i do to restore the cation exchange of coco if in the future i manage to run straight water by some misfortune?

11. You can include calmag. Running nutes and calmag like you'r doing helps the CEC. Just don't ever do just water and you won't have that problem. Good luck.

12. How long should i wait before i can give her regular strength? Thanks again will update

13. Feed regular strength tomorrow.

14. interveinal blacking or necrosis in some of those pics. you have phosphorus deficiency and pottasium. flush with 1/4 strength until the cation ratio evens out. the leaf below is phosphorus as well. GFP[​IMG]

15. also update the pics.GFP

16. "Diluted" Looks like it wasn't. I agree with the flush with nutes.

17. True correction phosphorus excess* not deficiency