Update on Grow and a Few Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dsp781, Oct 3, 2012.

1. So It's been about 2 weeks since germination and I thought I would share my progress so far. I bought a 150watt HPS and got a sweet deal on it. Is this enough for my single plant grow? Also when should I start using nutrients and does it matter between liquid or solid ones? Also I'm just using regular tap water at this point and it seems to be working ok. Any comments and feedback would be appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. first of all I would check how close you are putting that hps to that plant. don't want to get too hot around there, really no more than 85 degrees. and yeah, it will do fine for one plant, but it will be a little stretchy, HPS has a tendency to do that. I would start giving it nutes around the 3rd node, which it looks to me like you've gotten there. and no it doesn't matter between liquid and solid, with liquid you're just paying someone to mix it for you. just put the right amount of soluble granules or whatever into the right amount of water and you'll be fine. tap water isn't the best, but it will work. I'd recommend letting it sit out for a few days before actually giving it to the plant.

3. [quote name='"Mizzike420"']first of all I would check how close you are putting that hps to that plant. don't want to get too hot around there, really no more than 85 degrees. and yeah, it will do fine for one plant, but it will be a little stretchy, HPS has a tendency to do that. I would start giving it nutes around the 3rd node, which it looks to me like you've gotten there. and no it doesn't matter between liquid and solid, with liquid you're just paying someone to mix it for you. just put the right amount of soluble granules or whatever into the right amount of water and you'll be fine. tap water isn't the best, but it will work. I'd recommend letting it sit out for a few days before actually giving it to the plant.[/quote]

Wow that was a fast response! Thanks for the feedback! I just moved the light up some, right now my temp is at 80 degrees. Does it matter in terms of brand for the nutes? Any recommendations?

4. easiest way to do it is buy your nutes in a set like Fox Farms, or Advanced Nutrients. it doesn't really matter what brand you choose, everyone has their own personal preference. I've used Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B and Advanced Nutrients Big Bud Powder in my last grow and had pretty good results. Currently I'm using Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom.

Just make sure that you're using Vegging nutes for vegging and flowering nutes for flowering. you can tell by their N-P-K values, and usually the name gives it away ;)

5. You could try organic to, and skip the "nutes" entirely.

BeZ...V