unusually quiet while high

Discussion in 'General' started by flavlokobro, Mar 12, 2010.

1. i seem to have a different problem with getting quieter than i'd like when high... the energy, the drive to contribute to the conversation is still there but i have no idea what the fuck to say. the few things that i do think of i throw out because either the topic has moved on or it's clear to me that it will move the conversation nowhere. anyone with a similar problem? how have you overcome it?

2. This used to bother me a lot. I think you just end up over thinking things when your high, so something as simple as adding a minor detail to a conversation can seem like the weirdest most retarded thing ever, so you end just staying quiet.

The trick is to just relax and dont think too much, just turn your head off and say stuff.

3. drink a couple beers to counter the effect.

lol.

:smoking:

4. I think it's a matter of being comfortable enough with the people you're with to the point where you don't have to analyze your every move. But I know how that is. If you're with good friends though, you can just mess around and laugh. And I feel like weed brings people together, so maybe if you're with people you don't know as well, just make yourself a little vulnerable. They'll accept you most likely.

5. yeah just stop thinkin about it and say like off the wall type shit i guess. dont babble tho or evryone will hate you

6. dont talk too much but mos def u shuld talk bout somethin atleast...dont be too chill

7. [​IMG]

That's all I have to say about that.
    :smoking:

8. analyzing my thoughts too much only seems to be a problem when i'm not high, actually. possibly the problem is that i'm focusing too hard on coming up with something to say rather than just letting it happen? it's just the things people say don't automatically bring another thing i want to say to mind like when straight.

9. It's all about being comfortable. There's like two groups of people I usually hang out with. The people I've known all through high school, and a big group of people that are newer friends. When i'm smokin with my buddies from high school, we just chill and chat and laugh and play music and stuff. In the other group, I'm friends with about 4 or 5 of them, but there's always a lot more random people around that I don't know because they throw parties all the fuckin time.

At first I was always really quiet and just kinda stood around when I was partying with them because they all knew each other and I was always really intimidated. After a while though I've realized they're all genuine, accepting people, and I had no reason to be quiet and not interact with everyone, including the people I don't know. But once I got more comfortable with them, I would always say and do a lot more things that made people laugh, have more fun, etc. So just let your guard down, don't be afraid to say certain things, and enjoy the herb my friend.

10. I used to get like this too. It gets to a point sometimes where you're afraid to say anything because you've been quiet for so long, like anything you say now will just seem random coming from you. So when you actually do think of something to say, you end up not saying it because of this.

I think you should try just giving simple responses like "oh yeah?" or "haha that's crazy," just to let them know you still exist. Just talk to say something even though you're not really saying anything. Idk, this helped for me. First post ever btw :)

11. Yeah im like this, im quite a shy person any way but i have got alot better since starting college/work, Like a blade said up there ^^ it's just because you over think things when high. Most of the time i just ignore the world around me and drift of in my own little dream world.