unusual symptoms a day after bad weed experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KingToker420, Jan 16, 2014.

1. hello all,
    I have been smoking weed for about a year now and pretty much all of the time i have had good experiences, apart from the one of two paranoid highs.

However, last night i decided to toke up about 8pm. the stuff i had i picked up a few days before, and it was some of the dankest shit ive ever had (and ive had some pretty good stuff), i think the strain was called hash plant.

Anyway about 3/4 through the joint i was feeling battered so i put it out with the intention of smoking it later. So i go and lay on my bed and i feel probs the most stoned ive ever felt from such a small amount of weed. i was feeling great, but then i started to notice my heart was pumping like crazy (this has happened to me before on weed but this time it was a lot worse). I started to get a tightness round my chest and a pain in my left arm. I could feel the pulse in my head pumping so hard i thought my head was gonna explode. also i kept pacing round for no apparent reason. Furthermore, i kept having hot and cold flushes and i recall lying in my bed with my feet just dripping with cold sweat.

this went on for about an hour (one of the longest hours in my life), until after i just felt still baked but fine. i finally went to sleep and woke up the next morning feeling awful. all day ive been feeling a weird pressure in my head, ive had troubles concentrating, had a few mood swings and earlier i felt so overwhelmed and anxious for no reason that i almost simply broke into tears. I have never felt like this after smoking weed.

I have been getting my weed from the same dealer for 6 months now, never had this problem (always been good sh*t). could this weed just have been super dank that its left me feeling awful the next day (only smoke 2-3 times a week, maybe my tolerance wasnt used to it)? or is there something more serious? will i feel better tomo?

thanks for reading 

2. Thats shitty man definitely blows the fun, ive had it where I would feel a piercing pain in my ears followed by constant zaps of electrical shocks in my brain. Also my brain would feel like its getting really hot and would actually burn idk why. Scared the shit out of me. Lol yesterday I got too high and felt as if the room was upside down while I took a bath, like it actually felt as if I was upside down and the ceiling above me was the floor and I was on the ceiling. Maybe weed is just getting too strong haha.When in doubt try taking a hit and waiting 10-15 minutes for it to kick in. No harm in that.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm no doctor but it would appear you had an anxiety attack. I have one friend who will only toke if he's taken Xanax. I don't know what else to tell you. Weed does that to some people and does the opposite to others. (Again, take my diagnosis with a shovel of salt)

4. I know what you mean about your brain getting really hot i get that sometimes haha. maybe your right, the amount of crap they must put in hydroponic weed to make it grow well and make the buds big or whatever is probs more damage than the weed itself.

Thanks for the reply. its just weird cos ive never gone like that on weed. and it couldnt of been the environment cos i was just chilling at home. i dunno. hopefully ill feel better tomorrow. i think im gonna take a break from smoking for a week or so, hope this hasnt put me off for life cos i love weed haha !

5. does anybody have a theory of the pressure im feeling in my head? its not really in my brain area sort of smack dab in the middle of my head, such a weird and annoying feeling

6. #6 tstick, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Well, this is a familiar scenario that I have heard/read many times. It's an anxiety attack or a panic attack. It usually happens right after smoking some weed that exceeds the normal quality you're used to -high levels of THC can bring these on, sometimes. You should watch the YouTube video of the woman who gets injected with pure THC and then again, later with a combination of THC and CBD. The differences are amazing.

*edit* This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr0ne9FHOM

The "hangover" symptoms are likely from an irritated, dried out sinus. Or, you might have a referred pain from a strained neck muscle or something. Drink a bunch of filtered water for a day or two. Avoid sugary drinks. Get out and get some fresh air and exercise! 

7. I feel like this happened to me once or twice as well? I never really thought much of it, thought I was just REALLLLY fucked up. Then again, I also took most of my clothes off and slinked around the floor like a lizard so maybe it wasn't the same thing...

I think we have a winner. 

My close friend smoked about 4 years straight, and one time he just got incredibly stoned, thought he was dying, messaged me and my friends (in a group text after explaining some similar symptoms you've given us) and checked himself into a hospital, only to find out he had an anxiety attack..
    he stopped smoking for about a month because he was terrified to have another attack, 
    then he slowly weened back onto it, and it back to being a regular smoker.

Just take it easy, maybe take a break, and just smoke small amounts at a time, let them take their effect and then enjoy ^.^

when at home, i'll pack bong rips, and each time the last ones fading i'll take another, or two if i wanna be more stoney in general..

but this gives me at least 15 mins to an hour between rips, very manageable! :D

9. #9 Wavy, Jan 17, 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr0ne9FHOM

pulled up the video after hearing of it two posts up
    so good..

*edit* i guess he posted after i saw the post prior to edit!

10. [quote name="KingToker420" post="19353805" timestamp="1389913186"]does anybody have a theory of the pressure im feeling in my head? its not really in my brain area sort of smack dab in the middle of my head, such a weird and annoying feeling[/quote] I get that too man, dont focus on it, it will pass. If you focus it may get more intense. If I focus on it I can get the pressure to move down my forehead down my face then I keep it at my feet lol. Sounds crazy but the mind is powerful hahaSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I had a half o of some super smelly dank and when I smoked it I would feel a tightness rite it the center of my chest and it paranoid the fuck out of me. Before this happened I was probobly smoking at least a g a day for 2 months, haven't experienced it recently after takin a 4 day tolerance break after that stash ran dry. Just got robbed by my dealer 4 days ago, so no money or bud now. Guess I'm on another tolerance break until the weekend /:RollingStoned

12. Thay my friend sounds like the symtoms of spice. When you bought this was is shake/grinded up or buds ?

13. #13 zowie, Jan 17, 2014
    [quote name="KingToker420" post="19353805" timestamp="1389913186"]does anybody have a theory of the pressure im feeling in my head? its not really in my brain area sort of smack dab in the middle of my head, such a weird and annoying feeling[/quote]Could be the Third eye which is located in the middle of your brain. Don't know if you had an anxiety attack but the third eye usually is sitimulated when under intense physical stress, near death and death or similar to. I've smoked wax before and that's the highest I've ever been. I didn't get all that anxiety stuff but I just felt really chill and bliss. I also felt the middle of my head throbbing but it lead to awesome shit. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. About the pain in right arm and heart racingnThat happens to me once in a while and I don't know what it means but I got used to it lol.Sent from my iPad Air

15. Paranoid fucksSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Anxiety attack. Unfortunately for me after my third panic attack I can't get high without anxiety anymore.

17. Sounds to me like you are stressed out and your trying to relax when high but you are freaking yourself out over nothing. Relax, breathe deep, and remember its al mental what ur experiacing..Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

18. Yeah, if you get a panic attack, the best thing I have found that you can try is the "5-5-5" exercise…which is to slowly inhale for a span of 5 seconds…hold the breath for 5 seconds and then exhale for 5 seconds…repeat.

Also, believe it or not (but DO) is that your stomach acid may be jumping up into your esophagus and thereby stimulating the vagas nerve (which makes you feel like there's something going on with your heart.) It's a huge nerve! You might try taking an acid blocker like Prevacid or an acid controller like Zantac. If you experience "heart racing" feelings especially after lying down, then you might want to try some antacids. Also, don't drink coffee or caffeine drinks -AT ALL! And no cigarettes or tobacco -AT ALL!

:)

19. it was definitely not spice. as i said i have been getting my weed from the same dealer for 6 months (and they happen to be one of my best friends, known them a year or so before they started selling), always had good quality WEED not spice. it was in bud form, smelt like weed, tasted like weed, looked like weed, it was weed. according to her, hash plant which is a really potent indica.

20. btw guys i feel a lot better today, thank you all for your reassurance. i guess it was just some absolute pukka weed that gave me an anxiety attack and left me with some hangover symptoms. sometimes i think weed is getting almost too strong these days.  :smoke: