'Unread' threads marked as 'read'.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Rabiez, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hi Everybody,

I'm having a bit of a problem with thread subscriptions being marked as 'read', when I haven't read them yet.

This is the typical scenario:

I log in, and go to my 'User CP' where it shows several of my subscribed threads have new posts that are unread.

I click the link through to one of these threads, and possibly reply, but when I return to my CP it has often marked ALL threads as read.

Also, frequently I'll log in, and my CP will show 'no new subscribed threads' or similar, but when I go physically looking, it turns out that there ARE new posts to my subscribed threads, but my CP doesn't want to tell me about them.

I've considered the possibility that using a proxy is causing it, but it happens on other PCs which aren't routed through a proxy too.

Does anyone else have this problem at all? Let's hear it if you do please.

I'd be grateful for any Mod/Admin input as to whether this is a known bug, or any suggestions of what I might do to sort it out my end if poss.

Fanks in advance.

2. I'll check things out and get back to you. Are you sure you didn't Mark All Forums Read on the Home page?

3. It happens to me all the time as well. Also, at times, it won't mark a thread as read even when I have read it and there have been no new posts.

4. Thanks RMJL,

I definitely didn't mark all forums read, although it does seem like that's what's happening on the odd occasion.