Unpopular Opinion: Gucci, Loui Vuitton and other designer brands.

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by MrNewbMcMuffin, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Why do people like these brands, they are expensive as fuck and they look "meh" at best. Do people only buy it for the brand or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I suppose they do it so that people will see them and realize how much money the person has...guess that what you do when you have "money to burn"...

3. I asked my friend who loves that kind of stuff and that was basically his answer. Personally, I think that's a stupid reason. But then again I generally hate it when people show off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Vee, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    I have and do wear this

the extra $99.00 you spend on this I feel in comfort!..

versus the plastic crap that your Walmart

imports from eastern China ...you can keep.

But in Truth its very Hard these days to even get the right fit

with cheap copies flooding in..from China

good luck

5. while quality might play a small part (and only a small part) these big ticket brands are bought and worn as a STATUS SYMBOL and nothing more. I don't shop at Walmart for "cheap imports", I shop all around for good quality and good deals and let me tell you, I have never owned a Louis Vuitton or Gucci number nor do I ever see myself splurging that sort of money on a bit of clothing! If I'm shelling out thousands there better be a vacation or a car on the other end of the deal!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. People who buy that stuff (I assume) have enough discretionary income that they can (brag) about being rich, stylish trendy and that they dont care about money. It attracts douches but hey if your loaded I say go for it. Poor people or those who cant afford it are the victims of this kinda hyped up clothing tho

7. Yeah no kidding. I voiced my dislike of it to my buddy and he told me there was Punk style too and that the point of those brands is to flex your wealth. I told him that he knows nothing about Punk at all if he wants me to buy that shit.

8. Many of these brands come from long-standing fashion and couture houses that have been crafting clothes and accessories for decades. Goyard has been making luggage for over a century. Many labels are known for revolutionizing fashion -- for example Coco Chanel bringing pants in the 20s, Hermes having a signature equestrian background, Christian Dior for his extravagant ball gowns in the years of war time rationing.....fashion can be art.

If you can afford to buy them, why not?

I worked in luxury retail and the quality and style are impeccable. No one is forcing anyone to buy them.

People buy them because they are status symbols and often very in fashion. People buy them because they are crafted from fine materials, often handmade, and of excellent quality. People buy them for all sorts of reasons.

The people who only buy them to flash logos are obvious though. They only like designers with massive logos such as Louis, Gucci, among others. They forget that the logo laden shit is actually the lower end compared to Louis Vuitton and Gucci ready to wear items.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1