Unknown deficiency

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zoladan, Nov 30, 2019.

1. #1 Zoladan, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    .. Remove

2. You can’t see anything in that light and people won’t respond if they can’t see what they are looking at. Take a pic in normal lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Try taking a picture with normal lighting, we can't see anything but purple

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry, new pics up. nutrients should be on point and even ph.

5. Thats normal....those are the cotyledons, they naturally die off....your plants acutally look quite healthy to me....nice job:passing-joint:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. The little yellow leaves are called cotyledon mate. They give the plant its first feed and are supposed to die off quick like that. Means your feeding properly :)
    They’re perfect mate change nothing.
    Watch for the big bottom leaves starting to fade in colour, that’s your cue to up the nutes.
    easiest way to stay right imo is to wait for the deficits to show before upping the nute strength. Cuts out the possibility of a vast plethora of issues and causes zero damage.
    overfed plants can suffer from every problem known to man.
    Underfed plants turn a bit yellow to tell you then fix themselves when you up the dose. Doesn’t slow them down at all :)

7. if your using bizz you will need to look out for calcium and magnesium def after about 3-4 weeks speaking from plenty of experience using bio-bizz :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. thanks guys, i was mostly worried about picture nr1 about the partly yellowing. But i will wait and watch it closely. Thing is i have used a little more than 1ml/l biobizz grow. I am a little afraid going to hard with the nutrients since they are still young

9. Any tips on how to avoid it

10. add a little cal/mag as an extra supplement around start of week 3 you dont need to go crazy with it either it just lacks enough to see through first 4 weeks

11. Just wait for it to appear and add some calmag mate. You might not need it. Depends how much is in your water.
    Always handy to have a bottle though just incase :)

12. i have 18L pots, should i go by feeling the soild and watching when the plants look thirsty or what is a resonable amount.
    I have noticed every 2-3 days they easily take 1-1,5L water without runthrough

13. Ive managed a few grows without it. Not much eludes me in my grow room but I’ve never been able to figure out why sometimes I need it and sometimes I don’t.

Don’t need it in hempys other than a single dose to fix iron def before bloom.
    Need it mid veg for mag def in coco dtw and sometimes for prebloom but not always.
    Need shit loads of it constantly when I grow in a reservoir.
    And I’ve had a few autos in coco that needed none whatsoever.
    waters only 48ppm too so not like there’s much in there.
    I’ll maybe figure it out one day

14. always cal/mag for me but since i started adding it i see no signs of it also i run into a maganese def about week 6 flower quite recent as it goes but that plant is an ongoing experiment for future grows

• Like Like x 1
  15. the new upcoming leaves are turning more yellow, could it be nitrogen deficiency or should i wait it out and see if it disappears?

16. any tips for next grow regarding strain, i have GSC auto on hand.
    I want something very powerful :weed:

17. what does yellow tips on the new upcoming leaves indicate, moreover they are healthy besides that. Any ideas
    thanks on advice!

18. Sounds like nute burn but would need a pic mate.
    Also, cookies is meant to be pretty top quality. Never tried it though.
    Strongest ive done succesfully was by far dutch passions Night Queen. Straight afghan kush. Absolutely fuckin lethal mate, purple trails the lot.
    I ruined a crop of rqs amnezia haze with a light timer during the summer there though and had to make bubble hash from it.
    That hash turned out to be the strongest thing ive ever smoked.
    17 years and it greened me out a few times. Fucked up my auld man, my dealer, pretty much everyond that smoked it was ruined for hours so i dare say that wouldve been a pretty good contender too. Never smoked any of the buds though, just hashed up the full lot.

19. ph corrected flush nad easy on the nutes a while until it disappeares right?