University Police

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by REIS, Mar 28, 2012.

1. He fessed up to smoking, and he claimed the joint. What I don't see is why all three of us will get charged for possession?

2. If you are certain, then fight it...hope it doesn't come out in court he fessed that all three of you smoked cuz if that's the case he fucked you hard

[​IMG]

3. #23 OneLove., Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    Now that you've seen the worst advice to be given...

... PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. If you're over 18 it'll ruin your life. Get a damn lawyer and if you're feeling ballsy go in and fight it yourself you remained silent say you never smoked and you're fine.

Trust me I've read through so much and I've talked to my friends in law about this stuff. Fight it.

PS: Why?

Because you'll always have to say that you haven't been pardoned for an offence. In the real world, when you're not working at McDonald's or some shit you'll know how important that is. And this could be super awkward if you are in an interview and you're actually going somewhere in life and you have to admit to this - they probably also won't hire you to top it off. Weed is illegal, you took the risk to be there that night. Who cares how we all feel about it? The rest of the world looks at it an a criminal offence and it will prevent you, or turn around and bite you in the ass, when you're looking at getting jobs at higher ranks. Been there, done that.

4. Thank you. There is no way I'm going to go down without fighting.

5. #25 cupcake63, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    i was anticipating this...

based on the information the op has provided us with he will lose if he goes in and attempts to fight it..

why?? because plain and simple a first hand witness has already given a statement to the police that he has participated in said illicit activities.. now had they both kept there mouths shut this would a completely different story

if he says he didnt smoke they'll throw the police report in his face... you know the one where his friend told the cop they were both smoking...

OP if your friend in fact told the police office that both you and him were smoking said roach together your friend already plead guilty for you, the police report the court will receive in this case will reflect this. furthermore attempt to state otherwise and theyll throw that report in your face faster than you can imagine...its your word not only against a first hand witness, but the cop also.... my little sister could prosecute this case and win......

btw my man next time you attempt to completely discredit someones information make sure yours is credible to begin with, as i believe "my friends in law" hardly falls into such a category...

but by all means fight it if you think you can win, i am genuinely interested as to the outcome

6. Well I'm glad I came to you guys. It's not going to ruin my life if I get a misdemeanor for weed. Hell it will prolly be legal in the next ten year's, and if not I plan on moving to a state where it will be. Whether I plead guilty or not I am gonna lawyer up. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Just a bummer. 4.20 was the last day I smoked, and that's the day they filed this. What tools.

My question is, is smoking a crime? Maybe I do not understand the law properly, but I can say I smoked all I wanted. My friend confessed that the roach was indeed HIS. The cop does indeed know that I smoked prior. I never said from that joint, and I never claimed the joint was mine.

7. consult a lawyer and give him every single detail possible, theyll be able to instruct you as to what the best legal recourse will be..

good luck brotha'

8. Alright so I'm back for an update. After an initial plea of not guiltily the states attourney offered me a plea bargain. 18 months of supervision and some fines. I still believe I'm not guilty, but I may just take this because of the offshoot that the courts don't agree and I get the conviction I will be fucked because of a previous court supervision.

I guess I'm still grateful because I was dreading that conviction on my record.

I guess all is well that end's well, I just can't be a dumbass anymore.

9. Take this. Who cares if you still think you aren't guilty, they dropped the misdemeanor.

If nothing is going on your criminal record, pay the fines and let it go.

10. ya you're lucky, you can always $$$$ pay $$$$ to have it expunged.

11. Are you talking about the initial charge?

12. becarefull

university cops are just that....university cops...allthough they deal mostly with drunk students and im sure the occasional freak out.... some of them are trained to be in a hostle enviroment and they are itching for some action....so something so little, so simple as a roach or parking in the wrong spot they will blow out of poportion and will take you to jail or fuck with you just for the action

but yea they are just like any other cop, they can arrest you if they want. just no respect for them. they are babysitters with guns really

13. i got arrested by a universiy cop once hes was a little bitch cop

14. Yes it is very upsetting because I'm aware it was a 100% avoidable.

15. smoke a j before court shorty

16. I dono how it is where you come from but in australia, if a group of people get caught with a roach only one person will get charged with posession cause the cop always says whos is it. Me and a mate were smoking a joint when cops rocked up and they only charged my friend cause he claimed it on that occasion, though we were both clearly stoned cause that joint was a fatty.