Unit 731 (Extremely Graphic Be Advise)

Discussion in 'General' started by snickerz, May 13, 2012.

1. Unit 731

[​IMG]

The Japanese Unit 731 Experiment compound could quite possibly make the German Holocaust seem like a walk in the park. Though oddly enough no one ever talks about the "experiments" that took place there. Worse of all most of the scientists involved in Unit 731 went on to prominent careers in post-war politics, academia, business, and medicine. These scientist were never prosecuted for these inhuman crimes against nature.

All Unit 731 members were offered immunity in exchange for data and co-operation by the United States. The deal was concluded in 1948 and not reopened again until 1993.

Anyone who has ever kept track of the Resident Evil series knows of the The Umbrella Corporation laboratory under Raccoon City which can seriously be based off from Unit 731 Complex. In the Resident Evil series the laboratories were disguise underneath a Mansion while Unit 731 was disguise for a timber mill since this was the official cover story for the facility given to the local authorities.

[​IMG]

Ironically the live human subjects that participated in the experiments were coined "maruta", meaning "logs of wood" by the scientist and workers among the facility.

Unit 731 was the headquarters of many subsidiary units used by the Japanese to research biological warfare; other unit facilities located else where through the Japanese Empire included Unit 516, Unit 543, Unit 773, Unit 100, Unit Ei 1644, Unit 1855, Unit 8604, Unit 200, and Unit 9420.

[​IMG]

All experiments were conducted while the patients were alive and without anesthesia because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. These subjects consist of men, women, children, and infants.The price that human guinea pigs captured to serve as subjects of these experiments paid was way too high. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. Such as surgically removing a stomach from a living person and attaching the esophagus to the intestines, amputating patient's hands and feet and reattaching the hand to the ankle and the foot to the wrist. Injecting horse urine into human kidneys. Parts of the brain, lungs, liver, etc. were removed to study how long the subject could live without the organ. Limbs were frozen and amputated, while others had limbs frozen then thawed to study the effects of the resultant untreated gangrene and rotting.

Or finding out how long it would take before a human spun in a centrifuge dies.

In 2007, Doctor Ken Yuasa testified to the Japan Times that, "I was afraid during my first vivisection, but the second time around, it was much easier. By the third time, I was willing to do it." He believes at least 1,000 people, including surgeons, were involved in vivisections over mainland China.

[​IMG]

Weapons testing & Germ warfare attacks:

All experiments were conducted while the patients were alive and without anesthesia because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results.

Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs.

Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations: cholera, typhoid, anthrax, plague, syphilis. Others were cut up while they were still alive to see what happened in the successive stages of hemorragic fever. Others had their blood siphoned off and replaced with horse blood. Many others were shot, burned with flame-throwers, blown up with explosives and left to develop gas gangrene, bombarded with lethal doses of X-rays, whirled to death in giant centrifuges, subjected to high pressure in sealed chambers until their bodies exploded, electrocuted, dehydrated, frozen, and even boiled alive.

Unit 731 and its affiliated units Unit 1644, Unit 100 were involved in research, development, and experimental deployment of epidemic-creating biowarfare weapons in assaults against the Chinese populace (both civilian and military) throughout World War II. Plague-infested fleas, bred in the laboratories of Unit 731 and Unit 1644, were spread by low-flying airplanes upon Chinese cities, coastal Ningbo in 1940, and Changde, Hunan Province, in 1941. This military aerial spraying killed hundreds of thousands of people with bubonic plague epidemics.

Other Experiments.

Unit 773 experiment planet growth on live human subjects and organs, the studying of rabies on the human mind, altering and control through LSD, and night shade experiments. Transplanting live human brain subjects to containment unit electric devices and yes even reanimating the dead.

[​IMG]

Skeleton crews of Ishii's Japanese troops blew the compound up in the final days of the war to destroy evidence of their activities, but most were so well constructed that they survived somewhat intact.

Although most victims of Unit 731 were Chinese, other victims were American POWs, British, Russian, Korean and other nationalities. The trial of those captured Japanese perpetrators was held in Khabarovsk in December 1949.

After Imperial Japan surrendered to the Allies in 1945, Douglas MacArthur became the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, rebuilding Japan during the Allied occupation. MacArthur secretly granted immunity to the physicians of Unit 731 in exchange for providing America, but not the other wartime allies, with their research on biological warfare. American occupation authorities monitored the activities of former unit members, including reading and censoring their mail. The U.S. believed that the research data was valuable. The U.S. did not want other nations, particularly the Soviet Union, to acquire data on biological weapons.

I wrote this for a college paper last week

2. This so sick and sad. what makes it worse is japan bans info like this and rape of nanjing in history textbooks.

3. Holy fuck this better be fake!! such a fucking sad side of humanity... shit makes me physically angry when I think about the suffering.

4. Dude... humans are completly fucked...

5. Fuck me. Fuck me. This could be no worse if it were in some over the top horror film, absolutely terrible. Why don't more people know of this? Why aren't the Japanese government named and shamed for this shit? Also couldn't they have just used human like dummies for the grenade throwing tests? Just using people as target practise...life destroyed just to some twisted immoral scientist can scribble something on a sheet. Sick.

6. What he fuuuuucckkkkk

Japan in a nutshell

7. interesting reading op, what were your sources for your paper?

8. This read actually made me physically sick to my stomach.

9. this came up in a clive cussler book i am currently reading.

10. I bought two books

Unit 731 Testimony by Hal Gold

Demons of the Rising Sun by J. B. Buchanan and S. P. Hong

Most of the books you'll find on this subject are rather new actually most were written after 2000 this is because most of the subject has been concealed or otherwise top secret to protect the scientist involved by the agreement that the US Government had with them and the formal Japanese Royal family.

For a very long time most people who had brought Unit 731 information out were considered not creditable or otherwise conspiratorial debunked until the time the US government finally declassified the information to the general public not too long ago.

The many evil secrets that governments keep behind closed folders.

Anyway the teacher I have in this class likes to give out surprise essays so I only had a few days to research and write this. I remember reading about this last year in a small poem but didn't know too much about this subject until reading the books and looking online for information. Everyone in class was told to write an article on a subject that would emotionally impact the reader.

11. [quote name='"CaseyStoner"']Holy fuck this better be fake!! such a fucking sad side of humanity... shit makes me physically angry when I think about the suffering.[/quote]

its not fake. i read about this on wikipedia and its highly disturbing.

12. even those suits are creepy as fuck lol, sick bastards eh

13. really interesting cool stuff to read. thanks for posting this info!

14. Why would they ever release this? This is horrible fucked up

15. fucked up but extremely fascinating.

16. #17 GaiaGuy, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    Good report. My only critique would be the opening line, which may be interpreted as dismissive or even disrespectful towards Holocaust victims. IMO Unit 731 conducted equally reprehensible atrocities, yet through secrecy and cover-ups their actions have been largely ignored by European and Western nations.

One must remember that Japan was at war with China for 5 years prior to joining German in WWII. During those 5 years, the Japanese committed heinous war crimes against civilians.

I would also urge you to put good citations for key points, such as “Transplanting live human brain subjects to containment unit electric devices and yes even reanimating the dead.”

Good work on the report. I hope you get an A, and more importantly, that you can spread this information so that the victims are never forgotten.

17. Sub'd.

Motivates me to want to find out more stuff like this,Not unit 731 specifically,But other Countries and their sick sh*t.:hello:

Hell yeah,This is on "Mortal Kombat 9":D
    One stage is called the "Flesh pits" where one guy Tortures and expiriments with his victims and what not.

Shiet I wouldn't be suprised at all if the U.S. had this sick info,After all they gave some of the physicians immunity in return for info.:)

18. yeah...one just wonders what else they have buried deep in those dark corners

19. I remember watching a documentary about that. Sad.