Unexpected Dad Please Assist

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by spakky, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Well basically i threw this seed down like five days ago, and it had been solid rain since then so i completely forgot about it. and just earlier i was outside with my cat and remembered.. oh yeah, i threw a seed somewhere around here! so i looked around and saw this! completely unexpected, but so excited!

[​IMG]

My question(s) are, when can i place it in a actual pot? it's beginning to get cold out here in the west cost of oregon so i don't wanna leave it outside. how soon can i transfer it to smart pot or something? i just want to grow a little guy :)

Thanks for any help! blaze on my friends :bongin:

2. You might want to do it soon before it roots too deep and make sure you don't disturb the little gal too much. Try to get the dirt up as a solid piece to not hurt the roots. Where is it at currently? Do you have any lights to grow with? What soil will you transplant it into?

3. #3 spakky, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    it's just out in my backyard.. i have no lights at the moment, as this was completely unexpected lol. me and my buddy have been contemplating getting a setup going for a while now so this pretty much started it. i just didn't know when to bring it inside, or if it'd hurt it if i did it now.

and as for soil, i have some normal potting soil i'll use, can't remember the name but it's recommended for beginner growers. conveniently my room mates use it for their veggies.
    also i'll just be using a small pot at the moment as i have nothing else, it's a small bonsai tree pot about 5" deep and 11" across.

4. You'll need lights before you bring her in. Normal daylight CFLs will work. Just set them up a couple inches away from her with a fan blowing for air and temp control. Cfls can generate a lot of heat and can hurt the plant if the temps get too high. You might want to get a different container for her. They like to root down and I don't think 5" will be enough depth.

5. awesome thanks man. and i'm just gonna be using this smaller pot till i can get out to the market and buy a good sized one, so this one won't be permanent at all