underside of leaves are purple?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by medgt, Jun 7, 2007.

1. hi everyone its my first post i think. could have posted before and forgot.
    anyhoo.....
    second plant started. my first goes into flushing on sunday. magic bud strain from paradise seeds. feminised.
    my first plant got off to a bad start with my fluro breaking on me and some soil issues. but its a real bute now. wish i had a cam to post some pics. phone cams do no justice what so ever so i'l no bother.

so.....
    purple? wasn't on my first plant. but my new one is about 13 days old from sprouting and has a nice purple hue to its underside. it covers the whole leave underside. the leaves are ship shape other wise.
    that wouldn't hint that its male would it?
    to cold?
    temps sit at 24 ish daytime 19 night.
    could be nothing.
    let me know plz.

top notch forum guys. i learned everything i know from this site and i'l be smokin my first harvest soon. gonna borrow a digicam to show my plant before i kill it.

2. no worries i just notices similar threads at the bottom there.
    say hi tho if ya want. ive havent told a soul and im proud of my grow. stealth cabinet drawers. pics soon..............whos got a digicam? i think stef does il ask him......yeah

3. At 13 days old it is probably just a strain characteristic. However, if your pH is off it could lock out nutrients causing a problem. If they are growing fine and otherwise healthy, I think they should be OK.

4. cheers SmknVTEC.
    ive only got one of those liquid solution ph testing kits that you compare to a colour chart. not very acurate but it say im about 6 to 7 ph.
    if i buy an ec tester will that only test my feeding solution or can use it for my soil too?
    what do u use dude?

5. Hey,
    I use a digital Hanna pen. It is top of the line and measures ppm, pH, EC and temperature. It is pretty expensive so you don't necessarily have to get that one but, if you can afford it, $149 or so, then get it. Otherwise, if you plant is otherwise healthy, I would think the purple is a strain characteristic.

6. hey dude thanks for the reply.:)
    im in this for the foreseable future. im getting a digicam from a mate tomorrow hopefully so you can soon see what ive been up to.
    money isnt to tight if i need it i will buy it. and it sounds like i need one of those.
    i like to be in control.
    out of curiosity bud can i just stick that thing straight into soil too?
    or is it just for feed soulutions?

7. I think you can use it in the soil as well. I did and it took a reading. That all-in-one pen might be a bit overkill for soil but, like I said, if you can afford it grow for it. Who knows, you might grow hydro one day. They also make other cheaper ones. However, the $5 probe and hydro fluid tester are just so vague it is hard to guesstimate what they read.