Underground Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ticketmastergod, May 13, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone had thought about digging a hole, let's say 3x3x3, building a wood box and placing that in the hole and having a outdoor underground "indoor" grow? It would be just like an indoor grow but outside and hidden away from other people and helicopters.

2. I theory is sounds like it would work but the practicality of it would be useless.
    How would u have all your electrical set up outside assuming it not in your backyard or something.
    It would be extremely hard to get good air flow in a hole in the ground.
    You would get way better results just to do plants above ground. What would be the need to do this.

3. Yes I would be in my backyard fairly close to an outdoor outlet so I could run an extension cord to the box. I was thinking about having an exhaust tube running from the box to underneath a bush so the hot air could escape and the same concept for an intake.

4. Haha won't a cord leading out to somewhere weird look a little sketchy?

5. [quote name='"marrymemary"']Haha won't a cord leading out to somewhere weird look a little sketchy?[/quote]

Yea an some intake and outtake tubing.

6. The cord would be buryied like 6 inches underground so nobody would see it and same with the exhaust and intake. Nobody will look under a bush to find the tubes

7. There are commercial growers who bury shipping containers and grow in them. Probably wouldn't be worth it on a small scale.

8. I'm not looking to do a huge grow tho. My reason for doing it Underground is for security reasons. I can't do it indoors or out in the open outdoors

9. [quote name='"Ticketmastergod"']I'm not looking to do a huge grow tho. My reason for doing it Underground is for security reasons. I can't do it indoors or out in the open outdoors[/quote]

Well then i sounds like growing is not in the cards for you right now. An hour of rain an your whole is flooded.

10. It's summer time right now there won't be any rain... Why doesn't anyone try to help here instead of just criticizing everything I say

11. Cut a hole in the attic and install some plexi-glass and make a green house and venting
    [​IMG]

12. Go for it it you'll learn by experience and try it out. Let us know how it goes cause I'm really interested as to how you'd actually manage the lighting and everything. People on here are basically saying that it's gonna be a shit load of work and probably won't pay off

13. [quote name='"marrymemary"']Go for it it you'll learn by experience and try it out. Let us know how it goes cause I'm really interested as to how you'd actually manage the lighting and everything. People on here are basically saying that it's gonna be a shit load of work and probably won't pay off[/quote]

Exactly. The the idea sound good but putting that into effect is a whole another ball game.
    So your going to run a in line fan and other fans for air flow. How will u silence those. U will need a filter for the smell. So now u will need to dig lets be generous and say at least a 20 ft long trench to hide your tubing. Times that by two for intake and out take. So now u will probaly be at least a 100 bucks into. To grow what sound like u want to do 1 plant. All that for maybe a half o to an o if u know what u are doing. sounds like a good idea but the practicality of it won't add up. Maybe try posting this in the high ideas section. We are more of realist over here in the outdoor section

14. ive thought about doing that just not with weed. i got places to grow outside around here =P. try it man id make it bigger tho. make a huge ass 8 tall 4 wide 20 long box XD!
    i think if u bought treated wood and sealed it all with a paint type sealer and then caulked all the edges itd work.

15. Buddy of mine did tht in highschool

16. Be very careful with any underground project, dirt is very heavy and flows very quickly if there ever was to be a cave in.
    If you do decide to build any type of underground structure please be smart and do your research on how to sure the walls up before backfilling the soil back in around the burried structure and then if you plan to cover the roof it also needs special support.
    The burried cargo container is the way to go in my opinion.
    Keep us posted

17. Helicopters fly over with thermal imaging, your little spot will likely be hotter than the ground around it, they'll most likely check it out if they see it. Better to stay in your house man, closet, basement, grow box

18. Everyone always talks about helis but honestly has anyone on here actually gotten screwed from thermal imaging let's be real here

19. Wait, wait, what?
    Honestly I don't understand this hype about planes/helicopters... I'm growing on a roof with the plants out in the open (for light) and I see helicopters almost every day and I've been fine for months now :S

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.
    Could you post pictures?

My only concern would be the size of the plant(s). Try a slightly larger/taller box?

Keep us updated and good luck!

20. LED lights :)