Undeground rap heads, unite! Show me your favorite artists

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Chief Tokem, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Seems like there's a good amount of poeple on here who are into the underground. I'm always on a journey trying to find new artists, so basically this is just to see if I can get introduced to some, and maybe introduce a few to you. I find this type of thing is one of the best ways to find good jams
    Try not to post groups/artists I put down right now, not trying to be rude or selfish I just want to find some stuff I dont already listen too.
    I'm putiing a few in bold, since those are what I've been listening to alot lately.

Aesop rock
    Atmosphere
    Big L
    Binary star
    Brother Lynch
    Cypress Hill
    Deep puddle dynamics
    Del the funky homosapian/Deltron 3030( to bad his new album blows! I was so dissapointed...)
    Despot
    The Dre's
    Deep puddle dynamics
    Dynospectrum
    Eminem
    FELT
    Gangstarr
    Gravediggaz
    Heiroglyphics
    Illogic
    Immortal Technique
    Jedi mind tricks
    KRS one
    Living Legends
    Mobb Deep
    Musab
    Non Phixion
    Notorious BIG
    One Be Lo
    People under the stairs
    Pharcyde
    Pharoahe Monch
    Planet Asia
    Reef the lost cauze
    Shyheim
    Wu-tang- and for the ones who put out alot of solo tracks, Method man, GZA
    Zion I

any input would be greatly appreciated, I love finding good new rappers.

2. Lootpack was an ill hip-hop group; Madlib was making beats and was one of the MCs for them.

Slum Village was tight too, J Dilla was part of that

Busta Rhymes was the shit. His album "When Distaster Strikes" is killer.

Erik B & Rakim is some classic, golden-age MC and DJ stuff. Funky.

3. Bay area hyphy: Mac Dre, Yukmouth

Other: cormega

You've got a decent list man

4. Andre Nickatina (aka dre dog) is the shit. and of coarse mac dre.

5. 2pac- Biggie Smalls-Method Man- ODB-RZA-GZA- Inspekta Deck-Raekwon the Chef-Cappadonna- Ghostface Killah- Red Man- Kurupt- Snoop- Outlawz- Big L- Lord Finness- Jay-z- Nas- Eminem- Children of the Corn- Old Camron- KRSONE- Bloodshed- DITC- Xzibit- Dr.Dre- Sheyheim- Jedi Mind Tricks- Immortal Teqnuiqe- Common- Mobb Deep- tons of others too high to remember:D

6. you missed a good one. not really underground but i still think it should be on the list.

a tribe called quest

7. yeah 4got about them, most of the people i post were rly good when considered underground thats y i labeled dem, alot of the others i just put cause they good as fuck lol

8. the roots
    dr. octagon
    nas
    a tribe called quest
    ghostface
    talib
    mos def
    de la
    del
    gang starr
    rahzel

9. Mac Dre, you beezy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Group Home
    Gang Starr
    EPMD
    Black Moon
    Smif 'N' Wessun
    Heltah Skeltah
    Big L
    Big Pun
    Wu-Tang Clan
    KRS-One
    M.O.P.
    Mobb Deep
    Onyx
    Organized Konfusion
    Pete Rock
    Redman

11. Nice, I got some solid groups off that Im gonna check out. I didnt put up all my groups, but I stil listen to some of those others like ATCQ and all that, not really "underground" so to speakl but its still tight.

oh and you guys should check out this guy called Wax New on youtube, he's not really signed or anyhting but I think he's sick. Go to on e of the first vids you see then go to that profile, should have about 10 songs or so. Check out the vid WAX SPITS FURY and his brother Herbal T's video.

12. my favorite underground rapper is myself ofcourse lol

-i keep a cutey wit a cute booty, can i get your autograph L, nah bitch im off duty-

13. ^Nice, they're both tight but I really like Mac. Thanks.

14. My current list now but will be getting more Artists.

Canibus
    Cormega
    Cunninlynguists- Cant believe everyone left out Cunninlynguists :D
    Dead Prez
    Devin the Dude
    Immortal Technique - New album this end of spring "The 3rd World.":hello:
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Outerspace
    Mos Def
    Paris
    Poor Righteous Teachers
    Wu Tang - Including Solos
    Saigon
    And Plenty more coming.

Not in Alpha order.
    Kam
    MC Ren
    Public Enemy
    Conscious Daughters
    T.K.A.S.H.
    Uno the Prophet
    Truth Universal
    Blitz
    Sun Rise Above
    S.T.O.P. Movement
    The Coup
    Ms. Monet
    Mobb Deep
    KRS-One
    Defari
    B-Real
    Masta Ace
    Kynfolk
    Versatile
    Tonedeff
    Mr. Mecca
    Cashmere the PRO
    Oktober
    Beatnuts
    Tripp Doogan
    Chapter 13
    Mr. SOS
    Inverse
    Trek Life
    King Tee
    Anetra
    J. Bully
    Sean Price
    Nuke
    Mac Lethal
    oh and Braille

15. U cant forget UGK(UnderGroundKings).RIP Pimp C

16. Tragedy Khadafi---- without him there would be no nas, no mobb deep, no cnn, no cormega; if your lucky you might find his documentery "the story of queensbridge"

kool g rap ---- one of the greatist of all time;

masta ace ----

theres too many to list

17. Sad of only few people listen to real hip hop. :(

18. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jLRiCyEvi4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jLRiCyEvi4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OvqPpOsHT-U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OvqPpOsHT-U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uAe_ohtShQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uAe_ohtShQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>