Ummmm....wtf Is This?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by silverose, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Our backyard is lower then the neighbor`s backyard behind us. This year we made a number of mistakes before planting out back. Some of the plants got root bound and that takes time to grow out of and they were mature plants so when they got planted we were at a little uner 14.5 hours of light and that can cause them to go into flowering to early then as the days get longer they can go back into veg and that eats up regular veg growth time. So quite a few just stayed short and some short and bushy. Our biggest and tallest plants were all started from seeds inside. The rest were clones from plants we flowered out indoors.

Attached Files:

2. Where the short plants are this year last years plant were an average of 7-8 feet tall and still below the fence line. The one thing I like about shorter plants is their easier to work on when spraying for bugs and doing preventative spraying, running the netting was easier, tying up branches was easier. I`m only 5 7" and had to use a step stool on every plant last year, this year only need to on the ones by the shed and end of yard.

3. Wow, your plants really look great....just spectacular

4. Their healthy just didn't grow that tall. I wish they would have grown taller which would result in bigger yields but we still got a few big plants.

5. They might not be too tall, but they sure look bushy..You mentioned some got root bound...how long does that typically take to grow out of?

6. #106 northern ghost, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    And what is the plastic netting used for? Something like a ScrOG method? But yeah, your plants really look great,what strains do you got goin?

7. Depending on how bad they get root bound it can take several weeks or to grow out of it. Atleast that's what it seemed like for us.

8. It`s often used in like a scrog set up but it can also help keep branchs from falling over and breaking off from weight in flowering. That green netting blends in nicely with the grass and my nephew was saying we could have some fun with that stuff on halloween night buy putting some out in the front yard.

9. Castration phase one....and hopefully only....

I have my trusty tweezers and have been goin in for good 40 minutes or so....hear me when I say that no part of this is fun....like... not even a little

I still have a few more to get.... Only reason why I'm even going this hard.... is because I'd like to have something to show for my effort... otherwise itd be in the trash right now....

Attached Files:

10. What sucks is that your in the early stages of flowering and its gonna be like that until its done or you decide its no longer worth the time and effort. For your next run I would be looking into getting some seeds or clones of some hardy strains that can take a lot of abuse and handle it. the only one I can think of atm is Romulan its been around for decades and can take a lot.

11. OMG put her in a 5 gal. pot and let her grow!! You are torturing the poor girl by transplanting a million times. If she was in the ground in your backyard would you transplant her? hell no! Give her a big container and let her do her thing. Good luck!

12. I transplanted it 3 times....right now its in a 5 gal.....

Im contemplating tossing it....and gearing up for round two now that I've made every noobie mistake possible....

at least I know what not to do next time :unsure:

13. Toss it
    Good luck next round
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. omFg....!! fate decided for me.....I had to trash her.......SO pest control showed up unexpectedly this afternoon...(apparently my landlord told my other half yesterday and he forgot to tell me).....can we say Pissed??!

So there they are standing at my door, and I cld not let them in, they said they'd come back to me last.(when I saw them thru the window I stripped and said I was taking a shower)......literally had to take 10 mins and destroy my grow area in my basement. I've put so much work into it over the past few months that it is QUITE obvious that's what its for...smMFh.....ugh.

so I'm in there frantically spraying room spray, ripping my reflective shit down off the walls, ceiling and floor.........just a disgrace. Sliced my finger, and smashed two lights in my panic.....im pretty sure the pest control dude knew wtf was up too....so not slick. I just pray he dsnt tell my landlord.
    I ended up throwing a trash bag over her and stashing it in my master bath shower.....and I'm clumsy as hell so she snapped in the process.

I'm annoyed my grow area is f'd up now tho, because its gonna take a good 2-3 hours to get it right again.
    NOT TO MENTION I'm paranoid as fuck now that he will snitch. So I suppose I will be on a stand still till around October. Then if all seems cool I will start over.....this time with 4 plants.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT AND ADVICE!! I will start a grow journal this fall when I start again....it will be in the proper forum section. I will post the link here so it can be found when relevant.

Thanks again guys!

Kinda bummed, as this has literally become a hobby I love over the past 5ish months.....idk what I'm going to do w my extra time now......sigh

15. Dam, shit like that really sucks. Hopefully if you get things in order, everything will run a little smoother for you.

16. Really can't believe it. Hope he don't snitch on you and I eagerly await your next operation. Really wounded for you here.

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

17. Yea..kinda sux....but its probably better anyhow.
    I'm going to do more reading and exploring.....learning...and then come back ham :angry: :p :D

18. I really hope he dsnt say n e thing. like really. I also wish I had known. Things could have went much much smoother.

better luck nxt time

19. #120 tplat, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    I know a guy who grows up in the foothills about 30 minutes from me and he was worried about a pest control guy he hired but it turned out he was a pothead as well and charges him the minimum rate for full service. Heck the guy who owns the house to our left that he rents out is a retired secret service agent and last Saturday he stopped by about 10 am to tell us that a guy was having a garage sale around the corner with all kinds of grow stuff that he was selling cheap. we`ve had workers from SMUD, PG&E, the water company and AT&T see our plants and nothing has ever become of it.