Ummmm....wtf Is This?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by silverose, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Ok folks, I'm trying not to be annoying with my questions but so far....I can't find any threads that address this issue I just discovered...... So I'm doing my daily inspection of my 3 week old seedling(is she even still considered a seedling at 3 weeks??? )....first grow.... and I noticed these white fuzzy things... kind of look like wormy things....sticking out of the soil....wtF is it?? Should I cover it up with soil should I repot her? Do you think that they are pests??? what should I do? Thanks so much for your help in advance!!! I included a far-away picture as well....I know she got some nute burn last week.... slowly getting better tho.....I think!

Attached Files:

2. That looks very much like roots. I would repot as this is a sign of root binding which will stunt your plant and if left will kill it. Hope this helps. I've subscribed so I can keep track. What size pot are you using and could you take a pic from the side so I can see the pot and plant in full.

P.s - nice nails lol

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

3. What bozie said. You may need to transplant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks!
    ..and now that you mention it, I had never even thought of the fact that they could be roots... Now I feel kinda stupid..........but my thing is I just re-potted her the week before last! It's about a 6 inch across, maybe like 11inch down container....I figured that'd do......I figured wrong I presume? lol I dnt know if she's indica or sativa....actually HOPING she's a she.....bag seed....

Attached Files:

5. You need a pot atleast 4-6x that size now

6. #6 silverose, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    Ok thanks for that.....! I took her out the pot just to see...and I'm pretty sure that you are 100% correct! look at her roots!... Thank you! So I'm transplanting her right now... will update....

Attached Files:

7. I do believe that was close to being a proper root bind. All being well it should stress it out to much and slow growth down to much. Slow growth should only last a day or 2 then you should see a marked improvement in your plants growth speed due to the fresh soil.

8. I'd say go with a classic 5 gal. Maybe a smart pot even. You can always keep it tied down and topped to manage its height and size.
    A few more lights would do wonders too ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. What lights are you using may I ask?

10. #10 silverose, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    A smart pot? I have not yet heard of that,......... I did find a 5 gal in my garage so I used the last few cups of miracle grow that I had(yea I have learned that its bad) but its what she started in, so I mixed that in with some plain old, nothing added soil......I included the ingredients of the mg in a pic as well.... I'm still learning about ph-ing and nutrients and what not..so bare with me...I figured it'd be ok since I mixed it with plain soil.........I hope I ddnt put her in shock or anything.....she looks so small now lol, but I'm glad you guys helped me with this!

Ok so I have 4, 26 actual watt cfls on her now.....planning on getting 4 more within a week...?... I have to get more soon nonetheless, as I just planted 4 more seeds...so when they sprout I will get more.....I have her on 24 hour light....

....and MAN one more thing, she is stanky stanky already! I hadn't really noticed until I started the transplant.....ddnt realize it'd have such a strong odor this soon......! Thank you so much for your help on this one you guys!!!
    I will keep this thread updated with the progress...........I'm excited :D

Attached Files:

11. Keep your cfls about 2 inch above plant at all times
    And your soil mix should be fine but don't add any nutes only use normal water when feeding as it'll use the nutes in the soil for about 3-4 weeks.

12. Ok cool, thanks!

everywhere i have read and through my experience, cfl's should be kept 3-6 inch's from the plant

personally i grow using aquaponics so i dont really have much knowledge on soil medium, but everywhere i have read says you shouldnt add nutes until the plant has 3-4 nodes.. not 3-4 weeks.. but like i said i dont grow in soil so take that with a grain of salt and research soil based mediums  :confused_2:

14. Most soils will state on package will feed plants for x amount of time most of the time its around 3-4 weeks or so. Light wise I've always kept my cfls at 2 inch as they emit very little heat from the bulb and if needed you could easily hold the bulb whilst on for over 45-60 minutes. At 2 inch I would have no problem in keeping my hand there for a week with no real issue. Unless its just the brand of bulb I'm using. I also noticed that with mine at 3-4 inch (which I started at) growth was remarkably slower than at 2 inch. This is just my XP and other bulb brands may differ to those I have purchased.

• Like Like x 1
  15. try to get soil thats 2weeks or less as you will burn plants before you even begin or give soil a flush before use. but you cannot now.

with ya lights place your hand just above your plant almost touching it then place your light at a distance where your hand is comfortable other wise it wi be to hot for ya plant . also keep air flow up these guys love co2 so the more air the more enegry they can produce the bigger the plant :) everything plays a role in to a healthy plant from soil to airflow, light, ph of water, size of pot. the list goes on but if you find a good balance you wil have a big plant dont rush it be patient research :)

16. and as to ur first question lolnits roots just cover with soil lil things dont like light to much

17. #17 silverose, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Thank you for the info and input! Much appreciated!

.....so, look at her, 4 days in to her 5 gal pot, and I'd say she is lovin it!!

My bottom yellow leaf tho, from nute burn about 2 weeks back, shld I leave the burned leaves alone? Or pinch them?

Any other tips, comments, advice? I'll take them! :D :p

Attached Files:

18. #18 silverose, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Oh and I forgot to add (that's that high shit) ...I hate the soil....it fucking sucks......its like....cement when it gets dry.....I made the mistake of planting a few seeds with that shit, surprisingly they actually broke thru.....but does anybody know a way to make the soil softer..? without re-potting her and switching it all up?

19. So she is still lovin the bigger pot...more roots started to come up top..
    Not sure why, so just put more soil over her...I'm also thinking about sending her into flowering soon...does she look ready?.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. You can flower when ever your ready to the plant will double-triple in size. Gotta say its a nice looking plant looking a lot stronger than a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1