ummm need some plant help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by al-puffblunts, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ok I need to know how to remove plants that are all sharing one pot. theres 3 a buddy of mine just tossed some into a little pot and wanted to see if they would grow....all of them sprouted so i decided im going to take them in.. I just need to know how to seperate them without stressing or hurting them. thanks:)

2. How old are they and how big is the pot? If the pot is too small or they plants too big the roots are most likely intertwined and thats bad news for seperating them. Your best bet is to dump out the pot and use a hose to wash away all of the dirt, after that you can see if your roots grew into each other.

3. they are about 2 weeks old if that....the pot is about 6 inches tall and 7 inches across the top

4. It may already be too late, in my experience a single seedling will grow compeletely through 1 gallon of soil in 2 weeks .

That said, if you want to try and save one or more of them...

I would drop the rootball out of the pot and gently wash away the rootball with water (use a spray attachment on your garden hose and turn the water on very low, or if indoors do it with the sprayer on your sink and just set a rubbermaid or something in the sink to catch all the dirt). Start from the outside edge and work your way in towards the plant closest to the edge of the pot. Once you have it freed do the same thing with the second closest. Now repot all three. I have done this many times when dropping a seedling into a soil-less grow (IMHO seedling grow faster in soil), and when I have had seedlings with fungus gnats and I've never lost one, but I've never planted multiple plants in the same pot either.

My guess is you can save one for sure, and maybe all three if you do it very soon and are patient.

GL!

5. Probably too late, If I'm correct the roots will all be tangled.

6. shoulda thought about that before you put them all in 1 pot. Pretty much screwed now probably. I just dont see how anyone could even do this in the first place its flat out dumb. Not tryin to be a dick but its common sense really.

7. well if you read what i originally posted you can clearly see that it wasnt me who did it...it was a friend of mine and now im trying to save them i would never do something that dumb

8. dont sweat it bro. get the medium good and wet, pick it up, put your hand over the top, turn it upside down, and slide the whole mess out and see if theyre tangled. if theyre planted close together it could be too late, if not you have a slight chance. theres only one way to know for sure! just be very gentle! there are too many negative nancys on here sometimes. remember that youre just experimenting and youre supposed to have fun and enjoy it! learn from others mistakes. even your buddies "bright" ideas. ive got them buddies too! haha

9. lol yeah fo sho idiot just threw them in didnt even germ them or anything -_- But i really do appreciate the help. im still an amateur grower.:smoking:

10. Worst case scenario you can cut some roots and transplant them. Spray them down with some super thrive and hope to ALLAH that those fuckers don't die :(