**ULTIMATE LED TEST** *GLH* VS *Blackstar* VS *Hydro Grow LED*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowBigTV, Oct 9, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Setup:

3 4x4x7 Lighthouse tents, each running its own 6" inline

Medium: FFOF soil
    Pot: Smart Pots
    Nutrients: Dyna-Gro
    Strain: LA Confidential
    Tents: Lighthouse Hydro
    Fans: Lighthouse Hydro

*LIGHTS **UPDATED**
    Lighthouse Blackstar 500
    VS
    Grow Led Hydro Spectra 300
    VS
    Hydro Grow LED Penetrator 336X

Lights will remain stationary 55" above the floor during the entire grow.
    Feed will be mixed in a 5 gallon container to ensure each tent receives equivalent nutrients.
    Lights will be on electronic timer to ensure all tents receive fair amounts of light.
    Clones will be cut from the same mother to ensure uniform genetics.

*Clones are in cloning.. count down til the grow*
    [​IMG]

Blackstar LED (Lighthouse)
    [​IMG]

GLH LED (Grow Led Hydro)
    [​IMG]

Penetrator X (Hydro Grow LED)
    [​IMG]

2. Ive been waiting a long time for a comparison like this to come along. Thank you for taking the bull by the horns.

Totally excited to see the results!

3. BTW. what is the ventilation for each tent?

4. NICE and thanks for doing this comparison. The LED grow scene is the wild west, I swear. Very few experiments like this go judge from and all kinds of claims by the mfg. Sub'd.

5. just resereved a table....

6. awesome... the fixed height is a cool feature for this grow... intresting

GLH FTW... I've got five on it, last week she will pull ahead:hello:

7. Now this is a great thread to watch! Thanks very much for do ing this test, you are doing a great service for GC. If I had one wish though, it would have been to have a MH/HPS as a "control" variable to further compare the results against. This will still give us a ton of info! :smoke:

8. In the words of chancellor Palpitine "we will watch your career with great interest".

9. Sweet I will be watching. I have a couple of blackstar lights myself

10. I hope you keep up on this thread, very interested to see how it goes.

11. super super thread.Cant wait to see results!!

12. Dude been waiting for one of these threads! Subd!

13. So sorry for the delay all! I have been doing threads on other forums with this grow and was was unaware the post was approved on here :) I'll be updating much more regularly from now on.. and now, will be catching this thread up to date.

I wanted to give a short review of the equipment I am using, excluding the lights.

On a 5 Star Scale:

EZ-Clone 30: 4/5

I really like this thing! Its a lot better than a clone dome and there has been little to no wilting of the clones since I put them in there.

I rated a 4 star because the lid does not seat 100% and water will accumulate and a little will jump out ever once in a while.

Tents (Lighthouse Hydro 4x4x7): 5/5

These are my first tents, but I do have to say they were extremely easy to set up, and would have been a 1 man job aside from needing a second person to help lift the mylar up and over the frame. They have ports and pockets with removable mylar patches and came with a secondary mylar liner for the bottom.

I rated 5 star because if you consider the price, it's a steal of a deal.

Fans (Lighthouse Hydro 6" inline): 5/5

Fan-tastic.

I rated 5 star because they move air like nobodies business and haven't given any issues or reasons to complain at all.

14. #16 GrowBigTV, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    Blackstar: 301 watts
    [​IMG]

Hydro Grow LED: 334 watts
    [​IMG]

Grow Hydro LED: 360 watts
    [​IMG]

15. Day 5

Blackstar 500
    [​IMG]

Penetrator 336x
    [​IMG]

Spectra 300
    [​IMG]

GROW SETUP

[​IMG]
    Red dots represent the carbon filters I just added to upgrade garden.

[​IMG]
    I put the carbon filter cans between the small 9" gap in the back tents to maximize space.

[​IMG]
    Showing the 9" gap I have to work with.

[​IMG]
    If it was not for the side pockets on the tents, I would be unable to transfer plants from tent to tent (especially ones the size of the LA con moms).

[​IMG]
    EZ Clone machine fits perfectly in the 30" gap with 2 240s over top.

16. Blackstar 500
    [​IMG]
    Bud Site:
    [​IMG]

Spectra 300
    [​IMG]
    Bud Site:
    [​IMG]

Penetrator 336X
    [​IMG]
    Bud Site:
    [​IMG]

17. Fucking awesome. Sub!

18. I wanted to give a short review of the equipment I am using, excluding the lights.

On a 5 Star Scale:

EZ-Clone 30: 4/5

I really like this thing! Its a lot better than a clone dome and there has been little to no wilting of the clones since I put them in there.

I rated a 4 star because the lid does not seat 100% and water will accumulate and a little will jump out ever once in a while.

Tents (Lighthouse Hydro 4x4x7): 5/5

These are my first tents, but I do have to say they were extremely easy to set up, and would have been a 1 man job aside from needing a second person to help lift the mylar up and over the frame. They have ports and pockets with removable mylar patches and came with a secondary mylar liner for the bottom.

I rated 5 star because if you consider the price, it's a steal of a deal.

Fans (Lighthouse Hydro 6" inline): 5/5

Fan-tastic.

I rated 5 star because they move air like nobodies business and haven't given any issues or reasons to complain at all.