Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ULTIMATE GUIDE To Feeling Weird or Still high several days/weeks/months later

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HazedHead, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Right? The lingering 'high' feeling sucks ass, not like a good high though, just dirty, hazy, unfocused. I am having to quit altogether too, cause I just can't afford to be in that state for 2 or more weeks.

2. Hey i know this was a long time ago. But plzz helt im feeling the same AS you i Think its very scary it was 15 days ago i smoked it and i Feel Like om in a Dream plz help and i do NOT take Any creatine

3. I totally relate to this, on Friday I smoked with my friends and we smoked a LOT of weed. The next day I felt ok but I still felt like I was a little high, and it was a little weird because I was with my family. Yesterday (Monday) we were smoking again and I was trying a new strain and I got a really insane hit out of a bong, and I swear to god I'v never felt anything like this. I was tripping the fuck out, I was having an out of body experience and today I feel like I'm still tripping out to some degree

• Like Like x 1
  4. The exact same thing is happening to me. Me and my mates smoked a zoot 2 weeks ago on the Friday. Was fine all week then come the next Friday I all of a sudden felt high. Been like it ever since it's now Monday and freaking me out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I can totally relate to most of you guys I have the same problem and its been 5 days but its not because of weed its because of cough syrup I od'd on I also have like other symptoms I suddenly wake up from deep sleep with my heart racing I've been to doctor and he said that I'm normal but I know I'm not just waiting for it to go away lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

6. Ok so I'm a 19 old man/boy and I do smoke occasionally. I would say about once a every week or two. About a month ago me and my friend decided to eat some edible brownies that I found in bag that I've probably had for about 4 months. Last time we eaten it we ate about 3/4 of it and it gave us a nice high so we decided to eat a whole one each. So we eat it and eventually we start tripping bad and the high was very bad. At around 8pm it hit us and we decided to sleep it off because how bad it was and while I was closing my eyes it was getting worse every 10 minutes. I was scared and freaked out a little bit but I wouldn't say like a panic attack or anything. Eventually we woke up the next morning and my friend sober and I woke up and still felt high/weirded out. I didn't really tell anyone about it because my parents don't approve of the use of marijuana even though I felt like consulting my family doctor because I woke up and I was scared because I still felt high. So I looked on google to see if anyone else
    has gone through this and I found this forum and it helped me a lot and gave me hope (which I thank you for greatly). So I took your steps (which I just pretty much was living life normally and not thinking about it) and now I'm here a month later and I feel about 80-90%. I was wondering if I'll ever be 100% because I do feel great it's just sometimes I have moments where I think I'm high and I question sometimes like "am I ever going to feel 100%". At the same time I think to myself I might be overthinking it. If I can get a reply from you that would be great thanks! (Side note: I haven't touched any kind of canabis since)

• Like Like x 1
  7. #87 bighurt52235, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Oh man. Just read the OP, and that quote from Billy Madison about us all being dumber comes to mind. Wtf

And super lol at thinking youve come up with a valuable guide. The entire post was unintelligible.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Wow thanks for your post and I feel the same way . It's happened to me after eating an edible feeling high for five days straight , strange sense of reality all the stuff u mentioned after the five days I slowly got back to myself fast forward I smoked a from a weed vape , first time I was fine , I did it again and now I been feeling this feeling going on for five days now , I think I have a low tolerance or something I don't know but I think I'm gonna leave it alone for good now cuz this feeling doesn't even make the high worth it
    So

9. It is scary I know how you feel , I'm still in the moment of it too but I've been here before so I know it will go away . U really just have to detox your body drink lots of water and clean yourself out and everybody says u can't think about it too much which is hard but u have to keep your brain occupied until it wears off

10. I know this is old but I just want to say thank you for this post . Because I've told ppl about this and they think your crazy and they just laugh but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this . To anyone reading this has happened to me twice , if you see your body keeps having this reaction to THC sad to say but just leave it alone . I rather leave it alone then to have this post high awfull feeling for 5 days +!!! Tips I have is • drink a lot of water
    • green tea
    • basically anything to DETOX YOUR SYSTEM CUZ THATS what you need to get it out of your system
    • try to remember that the feeling will go away u just have to clean ur body and let it run its course
    • vitamins
    I'm going to see if a hot bath helps
    I pray those goin through this feel better . We gotta stop messin with the devils lettuce.
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I know how you feel , edibles can be no joke , go to hear your up to 80-90 percent and hopefully you'll be 100% soon
    I l

12. I FEEL EXACTLY WHAT U SAID , ppl think they wanna be high for that long but no it's uncomfortable and sometimes worrying , I also think I have a low tolerance as well it just doesn't exit the system as fast as it should . I'm just going to drink a lot of water and try to detox
    I

13. Jesus Christ man, what a string of posts.

14. Wow if I could smoke and be high for days...even a few hours...is everyone overdosing on weed now?

15. I'm glad I found this tread and that it's active as well :)
    I understand I am probably overacting, but it has been 24 hours since i smoked and I'm still buzzed.
    It's kinda like being high but I am more aware of it than I would be under a "normal" high.It's a very dreamy state.
    I struggle with time and memory and I have struggle to think about other stuff than the fact that I'm high.

A little background story: I smoked quite a lot, and it was the first time in almost two years( not very smart I know)
    First it was all fun, but then i badtripped like crazy and my heart went from zero to hundred real fast. I went to bed and had an awful time for about an hour, before i joined my friends again, i was still high but it was enjoyable. after a while the high went down and i felt sober. I went to bed at around 4.30 am feeling fine. When i woke up I felt decent but as I had to go to school and work on a school project with some friends I started feeling high again, about same high as after the bad trip the day before.

I hope this will not last long, exams are coming up very soon.

Can I get any updates from you who posted here that you were experiencing the same?
    How long did it last?

BTW: I am on creatine too, so probably going to quit that one too just to be sure

16. u probably been on heroin or something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I've been smoking pot all my life, and never had any of these symptoms until goin to a dispensary.

I bought the same strains I always did, they tasted horrible and made my extremities numb. I lost all hand-eye coordination, slurred speech, and felt that way for days.

I will NEVER smoke synthetic weed again. If your weed was grown with chemicals, it is disturbing the blood flow in your body. Almost all legal weed is grown with chemicals. Its not natural or authentic Cannabis they are selling. Just like cigarettes are not natural tobacco. You are being poisoned by Bayer-Monsanto and friends. This is the entire purpose of legal weed : low grade shit that sends people back to the pharmaceutical industry,all while weed is toted as safe (natural weed is, hydroponic is not)

This may not be true where you live but it is true in Arizona. Most weed at dispensaries smell like off gassing plastic rather than Cannabis. Its all in the synthetic grow methods (sterile hydroponic synthetics directly injected with a needle or broken down and through the root) . Its ruining peoples health, not healing them.. People need to understand the difference between organic and synthetic pot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank God I found this thread :D Friend of mine got some serious s*it. I am not a really weed person. I take a hit maybe once a month with my friends...Didn't have any problem till now. Usually i woke up normally next day, but this s*it....5 days and I'm still not fully 'recovered'. First 2 days were like a dream or questions about existence etc...is this real, I am not real, nothing is real etc...3rd day I found this thread and it was like introducing to reality. I had few 'reality' hits thanks to this thread. 4th day was better. Aaaand today I read first post all the way and decided to take a hard exercise, followed by hot bathtub. It really helped. I still feeling slow or how i call it 'mechanical' (like you're controlling your body like it's machine or something lol), but it's getting better! I really had some stupid ideas since my body feelings were off, like i will cut my skin somewhere to see if this is real etc..DON'T DO IT! Just exercise, take a hot tub, stay away from sodas and other junk, eat healthy and drink black tea! My guess is that the weed I took has been mixed with something or less likely was some really strong and good s*it...

19. I'm so glad I found this post! I thought I permanently fucked my brain up. I thought no one else ever experienced this shit before. I'm a long time pot addict. I've been blazing at least once (usually twice or more) a day for like 4 years now so trust me when I tell you I have a lot of experience with weed. I got really baked 6 days ago and had an unpleasant high. Strangely this really unpleasant high persisted without getting much better as time passes. I was so fucked I couldn't even fall asleep that night. After 24 hours had passed I baked again and started tripping fucking balls. It felt like I was on shrooms or some shit, except it felt really bad. The really trippy high was over the next day, but I still felt like I was stuck in a constant uncomfortable as fuck haze. It's been 5 days since that shit happened now. I haven't smoked since and I still feel stuck in the haze. It didn't really get any better over these 5 days of abstinence. Nothing even remotely like this has ever happened to me before. It's really fucking scary. The fact that you said it can take 10 weeks or more to pass makes me wanna kill myself. I can't even stand another day of this shit, let alone 10 fucking weeks. Also alcohol makes me feel normal temporarily like you said. I sometimes randomly start to feel normal, but then slip back into the haze just like you. I guess this is the end of my pot smoking days. If I smoke any more it's just gonna get worse and worse. It's really hard to quit after getting so addicted though. I would give anything to get rid of this haze. You mentioned pills for detoxing. What pills? I think they might be my only way out of this. There's lots of stoners who've never had the misfortune of experiencing this shit and think I'm full of shit, but I'm not. This is real. You can smoke weed erryday your whole life and just get lucky enough to never experience this. It's a very rare thing, but it's fucking REAL. Stop telling people they're making shit up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. #100 Funnyfeelings, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Hello, this has happened to me 2 times now,about 10 years apart. First of all I would like to thank you for posting this because when you feel this way it makes you feel very alone and scared,but knowing there are others going though it makes you feel about 1000 times better. First thing I can say is it slowly gets better. Remain calm your not the only one this has happened too. At first it seems weird and you tell your self it will go away but it doesn’t seem to no matter what you do and for me I get to the point of breaking down and extremely anxious. After this it seems to fade very slowly. It seems that once you accept this it going to take some time and move on with your life it will fade.i know how impossible it is to just forget about it but try to distract your self. The whole processes from the first day to back to normal seems to take 6-10 weeks (this is for me, could be more or could be less). I don’t know if it is thc leaving your system or if it is your mind playing tricks on you but the only thing that fixes it is time. So don’t google symptoms that makes it worse and you will probably think you have a brain tumour or some mental illness, but you don’t your going to be ok, just move on with life. Don’t get hung up on the creatine thing because I’ve never taken it and I still felt like this. Hears a few things that seem to help me:

- natural light (being outside)
    - cigarettes ( not trying to promote smoking but it helps me. Also not just nicotine, tried a nic vape made no difference )
    -coffee(2-3 a day, more drives up the anxiety and makes you over think it)
    -sun glasses
    - distractions (MOST OF ALL!!) when working I feel normal or with friends having a good time I feel great. Anything to take you out of your own head.

All I can say is it’s a shitty situation, and pots probably not your thing so maybe lay off on it at least until you feel better. To anyone whose been there you know this is not something you want because it’s not a high it’s an anxiety fuled haze that makes you feel like your going crazy but your not, crazy people don’t know there crazy. Just move on with your life. Know your not alone on this. Don’t listen to people saying it will never go away, it will. Stop trying to figure out why it’s happening, And don’t be to hard on your self. you will be ok! Take it from someone who has been there on multiple occasions.

Stay out of your own head and all the best.

• Like Like x 4