Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ULTIMATE GUIDE To Feeling Weird or Still high several days/weeks/months later

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HazedHead, Oct 2, 2013.

1. How is everyone feeling?

2. Almost there! Some remnants of anxiety here and there but overall I function again with no issues

4. EVERYTHING your saying is True this is Happening to Me RIGHT NOWW I totally agree with you & Fuck all these NEGATIVE Comments because if you HAVEN’T Experienced this shit YOURSELF you can’t talk. I drunk alcohol the other day too & felt back to normal and it came back. You are Not ALONE I made this account just to comment because I’m going thru this right now. My Body Feels Delayed and Feels How when your Foot Falls Asleep my ENTIRE BODY FEELS like that Tingling, burning, can’t feel my body sensation. I’m just going to NOT THINK about it and stop googling like you said THANK YOU FOR YOUR GUIDELINE I READ every word

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey guys, I'm here to also share my experience and give an update of what I've been doing. After my first year in college I went on a road trip which consisted of a 32 hour drive. The last night, we we planning to leave the next morning and I decided to take a couple hits off my friends dab pen. I ended up getting really high. My body was shaking, teeth were grinding, I had to curl up in a ball under a blanket for some reason, and I especially had this feeling that I needed everyone in the same room together to feel protected. The whole time while experiencing this bad trip I knew it was the THC and just kept thinking to myself that it will blow over. The next day I woke up perfectly fine. We were 5 hours into our drive home and I decided to drink a monster. Looking back now, my diet was really bad which could have been a factor. Anyways, an hour later my mind was racing obviously but I was awake and ready to drive. (The five of us would switch who's driving every 4 hours). All of the sudden I look out into the distance (we were in the Nevada dessert) and I zoned out. This happens to me all the time but when I tried to come back into reality I couldn't. This triggered my anxiety and I started to get nervous. This feeling wouldn't go away and I didn't know what to do. That night we stopped to get food and I was officially freaking out. My paranoia was off the charts and I just wanted to go home. The next day of driving we stopped to get lunch at my college and the feeling of the place being my "second home" wasn't there. Something was off. When I finally got home I went to my lake house and that same feeling of something being off was there too. So, after 2 weeks of this, I ended up finding an herbalist who understood what I was going through. She described how that bad drip caused a switch in my brain to "flip" where your adrenals and nerves in your brain our constantly being bothered causing your brain to naturally protect itself by shutting down. You know that feeling when a traumatic event occurs such as getting in a car accident and your brain naturally protects itself by "shutting down" so you don't effectively feel everything thats happening. Well, THC causes that too after a bad trip or just consuming it. It's still stored in your cells which takes time to detox. It has been 6 weeks and I'm slowly getting better. Distracting yourself is the most important thing. When the disconnect feeling is in full effect welcome it. Don't run away from this feeling. Just smile, tell yourself it's going to be okay, and keep living life. I know it sucks and certain moments don't feel the same but keep fighting through. It will fade away. Let me tell you that again. IT WILL FADE AWAY. I decided to take on a 7 hour drive this past week to my college and it was so hard for me but it a major step. I'm not fully 100% back but I'm slowly re-gaining my old self back. This experience will become the past and we all can learn so much from it. I should also mention that I've been taking herbs to help clean my body. These are not prescribed drugs. These are not addictive and nowhere near xanax or a drug a doctor would give you. These help clean your body in a natural way and you can order these online. Hers a list:
    - Environmental detox (gets rid of THC)
    - Golden seal (Gets rid of THC)
    -Anxiousless (helps your relax without any drowsiness.)
    - Nutri Calm
    - Liver Balance TCM. (Gets THC out of liver)

Also, do not drink caffeinated drinks until you feel better. This will trigger your anxiety which feeds this disconnected feeling. Overall, just understand that this will take time. Learn from it! This was mostly going to happen at some point so be thankful it's happening now and not later. I decided to quit weed for the rest of my life. It sucks but looking back, I had a low tolerance and pretty bad anxiety whenever I got high. I guess weed is not for everybody. I remember writing down in my journal "he who lives in fear adapts to an new reality" because it feels like your mind is going through a new reality that you don't like. Take a deep breath, smile, and live. Tough times create strong people.

• Like Like x 3
  6. #186 Vexx, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I feel relaxed now. I'm a really anxious person, and 4 days ago I've had a really bad trip from smoking half joint of Amnesia Haze and now I have mind fogginess and my entire body is numb. Same thing happened to me: I was so fine some hours after the fact that I have even decided to smoke other weed, but the next day I was having those symptoms. It will might be a long journey, but in the future I'll be fine :)

UPDATE 20th of July (8 days after last time I smoked): Each day I'm getting better and better. I'm more sleepy than usual, but the numbness is almost gone and now I have moments during the day where I almost feel normal like before, but they're still less than the ones where I feel the mind fogginess. Distracting yourself and being positive is the key!

UPDATE 31 July: Almost recovered, maybe I've still some mind fogginess moments but they're much less frequent than week 1-2. I still feel like my body isca bit numbed but that's okay, I'll give it more time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thank u sooooooo much for this! i smoked for the first time in 20+ yrs, still high'ish, im in week 3, i was sure i was losing my mind, i do have a dr.s appt this wknd tho. again thx so much. lol #neveragain

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey guys ! How’s everyone doing ? Any updates ? I’m one week into the ghost high and it’s still comes and goes ... help

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, here`s another casualty (me). Never really smoked weed before (i'm 37). I tried it in school and it never agreed with me, but recently went to Los Angeles and kind of got into a bit there. Funnny thing was that I smoked about once a week there, sometimes twice - maybe a few tokes from a blunt per week and was fine doing this over the course of maybe 2 months ( have no idea what I smoking in the U.S). Then i came back to the U.K and decided to grow my own super organic (I don't trust dealers). I grew Blueberry Kush, Northern Lights and Afghan Kush. So literally a week or so after harvesting and curing the weed I began smoking (vaping) it maybe once a week. Started with the Northern Lights which was fine. Then tried the Bluerberry and Afghan Kush, much preferred the Blueberry so continued to smoke it maybe once or twice a week. Again, very small amounts, like if you know the Dynavap I would have maybe 2 capfulls at the most. After maybe 2 sessions of B Kush over about 8 days i found I was still a bit high after 3 days. It's been 7 days and the initial high that lasted the first 3 days has faded ( thanks, I think to some excersize I did), but I am still a bit spaced out. I heard burning fat can help since the THC is stored in fat, so will continue to go for runs. Not so freaked out now, but it's still a bit annoying to be spaced out. I can still focus on things and yes staying busy really helps, but short term memory and coordination seems to be effected, also when I turn my head there is a subtle visual blurring - this was more exageraated when I was actually stoned. Additionally I have been on a Paelo diet for a number of years - so in a sense I have only fat on me that I burn (ie no carbs)...I wonder if this led me to being more vulnerable to the extended high thing. I can't actually drink alcohol so weed was the only thing I could do that would me out of myself a bit and relax, but am REALLY put off doing it again once I fully recover. Maybe i'll stick to some really light strains and try to slowly build tolerance to the stronger stuff, but if it takes a month to completely detox like my current conditions suggests, then i'm not sure it's worth it testing this out since the experience really is quite unpleasant. Curious if anyone here has managed to build up tolerance after once of these episodes and smokes regularly without this nasty (potential) side effect?

10. Hey man, i'm, a week in (described above). It is fading, but so slowly it almost not noticeable. I recommend doing loads of excercise - burning as much fat as you can since I have read THC stays in your fat, essentially keeping you high. So burning it it perhaps eliminated it from your system quicker. But like everyones says, don't get stressed about it, it will fade. Just try and continue with eveything as normal and ignore tha peculiar sensations. Try reading a book and meditating too, these things don't elevate your heart rate and make you anxious.

11. Hey guys, it’s been almost 3 months and I’ve concluded that I got derealization from my bad trip on weed. I know the original post mentioned that it’s not DR but after researching and looking at other stories it’s gotta be. I’ve been feeling a lot more anxious and nervous for no reason at all. I’ll have feelings of disconnect from reality and think that everything has changed. This is gonna be my last time on this site cause I’m done researching and looking up stuff. I’m gonna go out and live my life and one day snap back into my realistic state of mind. If you don’t know anything about this just look up “recovering from derealization” and just listen to stories of people recovering. It’s up to you to take a stand and control your mindset towards this. It’s hell now but after you recover, you feel better than you’ve ever felt before. He who lives in fear adapts to a new reality. Just live in the moment ❤️

12. It could be DP/DR as you said or maybe GAD as my therapist told me.
    The bottom line is that many people had it and now they are fine, and so we'll be :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is it possible to get depersonalization from smoking weed?

14. Do you still feel like that or did you get better?

15. Do you feel normal now?

16. So I made an account just to post this. Last Sunday it was my first time hitting a pen. I hit it about 4 or 5 times and I got very high. I took a nap for about an hour or 2 and when I woke up I still felt a little high but I wasn’t worried about it, I thought it would fade away. That wasn’t my first time smoking weed but it was my first time hitting a pen. That feeling has happened to me before but it only lasted for about 30 minutes but ever since I hit the pen I’ve been feeling really weird. I know there wasn’t anything wrong with it because my aunt was hitting it too and she’s perfectly fine but she does smoke everyday and I don’t. Everything feels weird and fake as if I’m dreaming. I do have moments where I feel normal but it only last for a couple of minutes. Will I get better?

17. Oh yeah I feel way better. I just have little bit anxiety that comes in waves every now and then, especially when Im alone and start thinking of the incident. But when Im with people I feel 100% normal, like nothing happened lol

18. Judging from what many people said, it is
    Im afraid we are gonna have many more cases of people with DP experience in the future since now with the legalization of marijuana industries tend to create unnatural strains with very high THC content to feed their tolerant customers. Same thing goes with alcohol drinks

19. Im glad you feel better. Whenever you experienced this feeling, how long did it last? I’m a week in and I can feel myself slowly start to feel better but I do have times where I feel like I’m never going to get normal and stay like this forever.

20. The "dream state"/"uneasy high" feeling stayed with me for at least a month and I remember I was really scared cause i thought I've had brain damage. On top of that I also experienced extreme paranoia. I thought I was having full blown HPPD( LSD related syndrome) just cause I can see slight visual snow on dark places (which is pretty normal) and of course I thought I was having tinnitus cause my ears were ringing from emotional stress sometimes. If it wasn't for Dr Google I would be 100% anxiety free at least 3 months ago.....so DONT GOOGLE because it's FULL OF IDIOTS! :)

Again dont count on my time period, you might be 100% normal in less than a week. I tend to be pretty sensitive with THC and that afternoon I smoked A LOT.