Ultimate 4x4 tent setup?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iGrow420710, Mar 13, 2018.

1. I am in a position where I am trying to find the most efficient in regards to yeild, quality, density of bud, look of bud, flavour of bud and frost on bud. I would like this to be helpful to everyone who may need this setup. 4x4 tent; everything you may need or want be as specific or as vague as you like.

2. Do you know how to grow?

Sure we can hand you the best of the best gear but none of that means anything if you cant get to harvest

3. I know the basics of how to grow. Not taking climate or temperature into account. I have previous done a home closet grow 4 cfl one plant early harvest no nutrients no tools etc

4. Thats awsome. I started in my closet under cfls too.

What are you looking for from us? Reccomend brands?

5. I would like to find the best way to grow with led in a uk loft or attic in a tent. What would the best setup be?

6. For growing you want 50-75watts per sqft. So a 4x4 would be 16 sqft. It would best to have 800-1200 watts of light. Whether thats led or hid thats up to you

7. I have been looking at;

Kind Led
    Platinum Led
    Optics Led
    HLG 550

and then trying to figure out if 2 or 3 smaller ones would be better than one big one

8. I find it better to go with multiply small lights vs a big light. Better spread of the light

9. Whats your setup

10. NICE!!

11. Thanks alot of work went into it

12. I recently swapped out a 1000wtt hps with hlgs 550.... its one badass light mate , highly recommend it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

13. What size tent? and what kind of fan and carbon filter are you using?

14. Ive got it in a 4x4 , have a 6inch fan and filter as exhaust and a 4 inch high speed inline fan as intake. Honestly mate it wont dissapoint you. Growerslights.com have the 600h, its the same, but the driver runs it a bit harder and is a diy kit so few hundred $ cheaper than the 550. I got the 550 as it was all the Australian hlg stockist had at the time

15. would you say the 600h is better?

I am in uk and doing this in a loft/attic so dont know what the summer and winters have in hold for me. Summer really hot winters really cold.. dont know how to set up the intake and outake or even know which carbon filter to get.. im hoping to run a 550 3000k with a hlg 40/65 at 4000k in the middle. full spectrum baddasss maybe add some far red and far blue but thats for another time

16. Um i think the 600h has a slightly bigger coverage area it will flower a 5x5, the 550s will do a max of 4.5x4.5
    How big is the area that youll be growing in? If your not in a tent your prob going to want 8-10inch fans and filter

17. im looking to get a 4x4 tent.. any good tents you know of?

18. The HLG 600 is better in every way compared to the 550. They're basically identical but the 600 has a larger driver and higher capacity heatsink to be able to run at about 100 more watts. The 550 only really runs about 515 watts and the 600 runs like 620 watts.

Both are 4 qb288 boards ran in series. You could always dim the 600 to the exact same power level as the 550.

For a 4x4 the 600 would be hard to beat. I think the only setup that might possibly be better then that would be to run 8 x qb132 boards. You would be about 600 watts so the same power level but the light distribution with all 8 boards would be more even across the whole space and the qb132's would probably run a little cooler.

They're sold on amazon in 4 packs. The meanwell HLG 320h-c2100 a is probably the best driver for 4 boards in series but there's many others. The 4 packs of boards are $133. That's $266 for boards and about $100-200 for drivers max.

19. The reason the HLG600 is cheaper is it is a "kit" not a complete UL approved commercial light fixture like the HLG550 is. It costs them money they have to pass on to the customer to pass those standards.