UK future...

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Labour are gonna win the next westminster election.

why?

because they are gonna get all the old skool labour liberal lefties fighting for teh people to do all the campaigning. Gordon Brown is up there right now speaking like a true man of the people... and they got some really good policies. truth is tho... their leader doesnt share such political ideologies tho. he has become a right wing authoritarian. would Labour be a better beast if it were sans Blair? would things be better if he were forced to resign and Gordon took up the mantle? who knows.
    they do well to ridicule Lib Dem and treat Tory as the horrible alternative. the cracks are well visable tho. even through all their lofty ideals, we know... they cannot achieve all they want, and not only that, but they dont really want all they say they want. three letters are branded heavy in my mind. PFI. yeah right... thats not traditional labour ideals. thats Tony's NEW labour ideals. ideals that follow the path from the Thatcher days of privatisation. it may well be better than outright privatisation, but its far from publicly owned services. there can be no long term benifit from it imo.

of all the wonderful things they say we're going to get... i'm left wondering... so why have we not seen any of this in the past 9 years?

anyways... just wanted to share that with yas.

2. Check out the Labour leader/Prime minister in NZ.

[​IMG]

She's like 6'0 and has a deep voice.

3. yeah but would she disregard the wishes of the overwhelming majority of the people and take you country to war?

(btw, i'm just about to watch Blairs big speach at teh Labour Bournemouth convention)