Uh-oh

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chromeblazed, Mar 30, 2006.

1. no i didn't get them out of the mg. I'm thinkin bout just leavin them in. What will happen?

2. They may die or at the least won't grow out healthy and robust. Basically if the plants do survive and make it all the way through flowering odds are your crop won't yield all that much and the quality will be sub par at best. My advise, if you're willling to take the risk of growing your own supply and going to take the time to post on here and ask for advice, you might as well listen to what the people have to say.

3. If i begin my plants in a soil that has time released fertilizer in it will there be isues?? I wil not add anymore but i would like just a couple of nice plants with some ok weight. I am probably just gonna start with 3 plants

4. So no MG, what can I use for my 3 week old plants, my tallest is a foot tall, my smallest is about 7". What size pots should be used? What kind of soil can I use without having to make it from scratch?

5. Hey man.
    Just go to a nursery and get some generic potting soil with no nutes and already has in it the vermiculite, perilite, sphagnum moss etc. I think for all those sized pots you can just put them in your largest pot you are going to finish with i.e. 2-5 gallon pots.

6. One month into vegging, looking good so far. Waiting on those four 4' High Output lights (6400K grow spectrum) to come in.

Attached Files:

7. Thinking about putting an ionizer in there to take care of the smell. is this safe for my plants?

8. Ionizers and Carbon filters are both great.

9. The leaves of one of my plants are starting to curl inward, i don't know what it could be.

Attached Files:

10. Uh-Oh.
    Looks like magnesium deficiency. Give it some Epsom Salt and it should be fine. You can get Epsom Salt at Wal-Mart in the Medications/personals section.

11. Thinking its bout time to flower. it's been 6 weeks under 4 42w flouros and now the switch over to 4 4' high output bulbs 3 blue spec and 1 red spec. going to change to 2:2 when I flower. Should I flower now or wait till the smaller ones get bigger. Ionizer isn't doing shit for the smell, any suggestions for smell and heat is also a factor since its in a closet with all my clothes.

Attached Files:

12. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

13. Really, the ionizer doesn't work? Who makes it? Yes the ozone filters do work very well. Have you gotten them out of the MG soil? Have you given that one Epsom Salt? What is and how much have you fertilized? Keep in veg until they are all at least 12 inches tall. The bigger the better.

14. I took the out of the MG and put them in reg. potting soil with a bit of perlite and sprinkled epson salt all over the soil. They were put on 12/12 lastnight all of them are atleast 12" some 25" and changed to 2:2 blue/red spec. No the ionizer doesnt work and no ferts yet. When should i start to fert. I want to take clones but how will i know which ones are female should i just wait till i see signs of a female preflower, i can tell so far out of the 13, one has shown male preflowers.

15. if you can try to match 2 blue spectrum lights and 2 red spectrum lights.... or maybe 3 red. need more red for flowering

edit: sorry, just noticed that you said you did this in the last post.

16. Always take clones from a plant you know is female. If I were you I would fertilize now with a fert high in N. Then you can take out one of the females and use her as a cloning mother and by that time the N fert should be cleared out a bit (when you take clones you want the N of the mother to be low). Don't take clones from a plant deep into flower especially as a beginning cloner. Budding clones are more difficult to root.