Uh oh. Lights left on. Advice please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankachu, Jan 26, 2013.

1. I changed out a fan in my grow closet and accidentally pushed all the little timer buttons down and forgot to reset. lights should have went off at 10pm and instead got turned off at 9am. my 2 plants are in day 6 of veg, still pretty small only 6 leaves on each. Also been having huge water temp problems. i have my bubble buckets wrapped in mylar tape but water temp still gets almost hot. using 2 150W hps.

should i leave them off for longer to get them back on the same schedule?

should they turn back on in 6 hours?

am i totally screwed?

i hope not :(

2. No, during veg it doesn't matter much. Just turn the light back on. Hell, you can leave the light on 24 hours a day if you want. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just turn your lights on and resume your normal schedule. If they're supposed to turn off at 10PM tonight, let them turn off and start back up in the morning. For veg it's not a big deal.

3. awesome, i feel much better now. any tips on controlling water temp? i have about 4 frozen 20oz bottles of water that i have been using to cool it down it works for about 2-3 hours then the temp comes back up again. i have a tall fan blowing over the plants and lights but no direct exhaust for the lights. grow space is 5'x2'x5' and im pretty sure the space is sealed up tight, i have a twin blade window fan mounted in the floor for the exhaust. i think its moving around 200CFM. ventilating up is not an option. also, everything is wrapped in mylar, walls, bucket, ceiling and door.

any and all feedback is greatly appriciated.