Ugg i realy dunno what to do...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 420Grower420, Feb 1, 2008.

1. I have six plantsin hydro buckets, all are about 3 feet tall and they are one week into flowering.

My problem is, due to a series of unfortunate events, I have FIVE, yes... five in one five gallon bucket. I have another that was sharing with a HUGE plant, but it turned out to be the only guy so i chopped it.

I am wondering, since my space is a 5x3x8 ft room, L-W-H, and they are under one 600 watt hps cool tube, should I chop down three -four of the plants in the bucket so they are not competing for light and can focus on making bud? There is one that is significantly bigger than the rest and the smaller ones dont look like they are getting much light.

What shoud I do to get the most yeils out of my situation?
    -Five plants in one five gallon bubble bucket. One significantly bigger than the rest.
    -One plant in its own five gallon bucket.
    -5L 3W 8H room
    -One 600 watt cool tube hps, one week into flower.
    -All plants about three feet tall.

Thanks a bunch!

2. [quote name='420Grower420']I have six plantsin hydro buckets, all are about 3 feet tall and they are one week into flowering.

My problem is, due to a series of unfortunate events, I have FIVE, yes... five in one five gallon bucket. I have another that was sharing with a HUGE plant, but it turned out to be the only guy so i chopped it.

I am wondering, since my space is a 5x3x8 ft room, L-W-H, and they are under one 600 watt hps cool tube, should I chop down three -four of the plants in the bucket so they are not competing for light and can focus on making bud? There is one that is significantly bigger than the rest and the smaller ones dont look like they are getting much light.
    What shoud I do to get the most yeils out of my situation?
    -Five plants in one five gallon bubble bucket. One significantly bigger than the rest.
    -One plant in its own five gallon bucket.
    -5L 3W 8H room
    -One 600 watt cool tube hps, one week into flower.
    -All plants about three feet tall.
    Thanks a bunch![/QUOTE
    i won't answer all your questions but i will reply. in a hydro or soil situation, each plant should have 5 gallons of root area. that is unless, you have a height limitation. in hydro, it is very important to "not" have numerous plants, in a limited rez situation. if you do, you will see huge ph drift problems. i.e. i have 5 plants in a 5 gallon rez and my ph is all over the board. that's because you have a lot of plants vying for nutes in a limited space. believe me, 5 plants in a 5 gallon rez won't work!!! 5 plants need 25 gallons and you'll have no ph probs.

3. Well, I dont know about you, but I check my ph every day, in the morning and night and only have to adjust it once a day. My ph will go from 5.5-6.0 in a day but I think thats okay since I have fice plants in a five gallon bucket.

My question to the experienced growers is this, should I jsut go ahead and grow these five plants or should i chop down some so I can have 2-3 plants growing without competition for resources. Which will give me the best yeilds??? I am thinking of setting up a scrog soon so please post quickly.

4. Well, I don't know your definition of experienced growers that you want advice from but i will give it a shot.

Pretty much exactly what Growbot said.

I personally would leave them on Veg, or put them back in veg in your scenario, place each plant in its own bucket, removing as much root mass as is necessary to make it so you only have roots for one plant going into the new bucket. Then I would Veg them until they made a comeback. Then turning them all to flower. Probably could flower in a month. Doing what you are doing now is going to SUCK. Personally, i would take clones and start over right now.

5. Hi ive seen a few posts for people looking for UGG boots, i recommend http://www.topabuy.com , I have just recieved mine and they are only $69 !